It is said, according Chinese policies all the smart devices produced by manufactures from China must not be shipped with Google Applications (GApps). So, if you just bought a Xiaomi / MIUI on your country then you will notice there are no Google Play Store, Gmail, Calender, Youtube, Chrome.
That would be tribulation for you considering those apps are standard apps that must be on any Android based device.
Well do not be too upset guys, because on this post I give you a workaround. You are invited to download the Google Installer app. And the app is wrapped on the Google Installer v2 app that is programmed to work with all device and software updates. The file is in APK and you can download it on your Xiaomi MIUI device. But remember if your device has already owned Google Play Store then you don't need to install this Google Installer.
Google Installer v2 APK features
The following is a list containing the highlighted features of the app.
- Updated V2 of the popular Google Installer by Eric Xiang;
- Supports Kitkat, Lollipop & Marshmallow firmware;
- Easy installation;
- Google Play Services;
- Google Play Store;
- Google Services Framework;
- Google Calendar Sync;
- Google Contacts Sync.
Download Google Installer v2 for Xiaomi / MIUI and other Chinese phones
Remember that this Google Installer v2 not only support Xiaomi MIUI can also work with other Chinese manufactures.
How to install Google Installer v2 APK
Follow the guides and do not skip anything.
- Download the apk file from above link.
- Now find the apk file you have downloaded on your device then install it.
- Note. If you never installed the APK directly from your device. Usually you will find a message asking you to enable Unknown Sources therefore do it. Go to settings then security to find the Unknown Sources then enable it.
- Once done. The APK will be installed.
- Now open the app. Then press the large blue button named Install to continue installing the Google Apps (GApps).
- When it's done you need to restart your device.