Here I will try to guides you to install TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy S6 easily so if you are searching the complete guides to do so, you are at the right place. As we want more actions to escalate our device performance, then we are forced to let go the stock recovery image and replace it with a custom recovery, like TWRP.
A recovery mode means we are (as users) linked with our device's internal system. Within the mode, we can enjoy several actions one of which is to access our phone's system to further modify or optimize it. However we are limited if using a stock recovery mode, the manufacturers that create our phones have set restrictions we can't cross to perform more activities considered unofficial.
Thanks to custom recoveries, like TWRP the restrictions can be kick out and replaced with bigger freedoms for us to unleash the potential power of our device with rooting, installing custom ROMs, tweak, etc. Thus with that ability in hand, our Samsung Galaxy S6 is superb.
And the post you are reading now containing the how to guides to bring TWRP recovery to Galaxy S6. And the guides can be applied on any Galaxy S6 models, as long as the bootloader is unlocked, so if your hand holding to that phone, you are welcomed to follow the guides written below.
First thing first, you must know that TWRP is neither produced (created) by Samsung nor Google. Therefore you should realize that you are about to install the third-party software that isn't approved by those mentioned companies. Therefore you should be the one holding the final risks if they happen.
- Please to firstly make necessary backups before proceeding, albeit we will use Odin (as the safest tool for this respect) however in very rare case the process requires factory reset.
- A computer based on Windows operating system, a USB drivers, a USB cable.
- You need to also enable USB debugging mode of your Samsung Galaxy S6.
- Be sure, before you start, to disable antivirus first as this software will interrupt Odin from running.
- A fully charged battery live or at least there is about %50 power. Never experience a sudden shutdown during the flashing proceed as it will get your phone damaged or bricked.
How to install TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy S6 easily
- Download Odin and TWRP recovery, Samsung KIES too if you haven't.
- Now extract Odin and TWRP recovery you downloaded, then install Odin to your computer if you haven't done so.
- Now launch Odin from your computer, continued with powering off your Samsung Galaxy S6 completely. And then reboot it into Download Mode by pressing Volume Down + Power + Home buttons consecutively.
- Release the buttons when you see a Warning message and then use Volume Up to continue entering the mode.
- Now when your phone's in Download Mode, you can connect it to computer using the available USB cable.
- Odin will display Added!!! message and your ID:Com become blue / yellow when the connection is successful. That means Odin managed to detect your phone.
- On Odin interface, you can tap on PA option to browse to the location where you previously saved TWRP recovery file on your PC.
- Once it's done, you can press Start for the installation to begin.
- When it's finish, you'll see Pass message wrapped in green color. That means the TWRP is successfully installed. You can disconnect your phone from the USB cable and restart your Galaxy S6 phone.
- If you find Odin is stuck while applying the methods, just close it, then disconnect your USB cable from computer, then forcefully reboot your phone, and continued with reinstall your USB driver. Now repeat the steps above.
- If you are stuck in boot loop, you need to perform wipe data / factory reset and wipe cache partition through recovery. Follow the how to enter recovery mode on Galaxy S6 for detail explanations.
- Once you've done all the things from here, you can continue to the next phase which is to root Samsung Galaxy S6 of yours.