CWM is the first custom recovery when it comes to flash a custom ROM especially for Samsung Galaxy flagships and perform several high level actions like advanced recovery, advanced installation, flashing zip files, advanced restorations and other maintenance function that a stock image recovery is unable to give.
There is no reason of not installing this wonderful especially if your Android powered phone is already rooted. And this post will guide you through the entire process to install CWM recovery to your Samsung Galaxy S6. Keep in mind this instructions are temporarily created for a certain Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge only, precisely these models.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-N915S.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-N915F.
- Check your device model number by going to Settings -> About phone see your device number there.
- Make sure your Galaxy S6 is already rooted, if you haven't then please do it by following the root Samsung Galaxy S6 complete guides post.
- You need to activate developer options and enable Android debugging mode for Android Lollipop too.
- A computer Windows with the latest USB drivers installed and a USB cable.
- You can run any Android software to flash the CWM recovery.
- Make a necessary backups to protect your precious data from being lost or corrupted for a failure attempt during the installation process.
- Enough batter percentage power.
- Download CWM based on your Galaxy S6's models and extract .tar file.
- Download Odin3.09 and extract it.
How to install CWM 6 recovery on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
- Turn off your device and then boot into the Download Mode, by powering it off first, then press these buttons; Home + Power + Volume Down.
- When you see a warning message release the three buttons, then press Volume Up to continue.
- Now launch Odin, by click the Odin3.0.9.exe file you downloaded earlier.
- Then connect your phone to computer, and Odin will detect it and display Added!!! message indicating the connection is on.
- On Odin tap on AP, then browse to the cwm-recovery-22.214.171.124(1128).tar on your computer.
- Then hit the Start button to begin the installation process.
- Your device will reboot once the CWM 6 is fully installed. Then if you see your phone's Home screen then disconnect it from your computer.
That's it you have now the most clever and useful custom recovery installed on your phone now you can start hunting for the great tweaks, ROMs or perform any high-level operations you think it's needed to boost your device's performance.