The Android 5.1 Lollipop can now be flashed to Sony Xperia P phone, if you own the phone and want to try a modified Android software running on your smartphone with all the features planted by the ROM developer then you should grab this good chance. Trust me you should!
Sony has not poured official updates for quite long to this device after it received the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, that was the last update pushed to the device from Sony. So the existance a custom ROM like this, we can taste the newest abilities offered by Android version.
The ROM that we need to install to bring Lollipop to the smartphone is MyROM developed by XDA senior member, Pirej. The guy created the ROM for himself, so he named it MyROM. If you are interested, you may give this ROM a try.
- This ROM is AOSP based ROM, so you need to firstly unlock your Sony Xperia phone bootloader to flash the ROM.
- The ROM is not prerooted so if you want to root it you can download SuperSu from this page.
- No Gapps included so we have to install the Google apps separately.
- Have already installed CWM or TWRP on your phone.
- A Windows running computer with a USB cable ready.
- Enable Sony Xperia P USB Debugging mode first to further be used in connecting your phone to computer.
- Do not forget to firstly backup your existing data first before starting the process as we will perform a factory reset later which will flush your data.
You are free to flash or not to flash this ROM to your Xperia P, therefore you are fully understood that you are the one should be hold responsible for any possible bricks during or after performing the flashing process.
Update Sony Xperia P To Android Lollipop (5.1) with MyROM custom ROM
- Connect your Xperia P to computer now, then transfer all the zip files you downloaded from above links to your phone's internal storage (I advise to place them on root directory).
- When all the zip files moved to your phone, now disconnect your phone from PC.
- Power off your Xperia P to further entering to recovery mode.
- When your phone is in recovery mode, choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Now choose Wipe Cache Partition and then head to Advanced menu to select Wipe Dalvik Cache. You need to also perform clean system and partitions.
- When done with cleaning above, back to recovery main menu to select the Install Zip From SD Card continued with Choose Zip From SD Card for getting the MyROM zip file. Process to flash the ROM will start.
- Repeat the above step to flash the Gapps.
- You should choose on *****Go Back***** to find and select Reboot System Now option.