Sony Xperia ZL can now taste the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with the help of Validus 7 custom ROM, this ROM has plenty of features either their own features and taken from other famous ROMs like CWM, SlimROMs, Paranoid Android. The ROM is developed by XDA Developer forum recognized contributor, Alx31.
The key feature of Validus 7 custom ROM is animated rotation tile, wake up on plug, navigation bar tweaks, status bar clock tweaks, lockscreen shortcut, notification ticer, network traffic, embedded superSU and many more. If you are interested to flash the ROM, you should already have a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP.
- Validus 7 custom ROM is based on AOSP project, therefore your Xperia ZL bootloader should already been unlocked.
- Having Root access is recommended to flash the ROM. But if your phone is not rooted, that's fine.
- Make sure to firstly backup your existing data.
- Enable your Sony Xperia ZL USB debugging mode.
- Do not flash Validus 7 ROM if your device is not Sony Xperia ZL.
Perform the instructions to install Validus 7 ROM Android 5.1.1 ROM to Sony Xperia ZL at your own risk, none should be taken responsible for potential damages or bricks which could happen after or during the process, all the responsible should be held by you alone.
How to update Sony Xperia ZL to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with Validus 7 ROM for custom recovery users.Files needed.
- Once all the files downloaded to your computer, now connect your Xperia ZL to computer using a USB cable.
- Transfer the zip files of Validus 7 ROM and Gapps to your Xperia ZL internal storage (Locate them to root directory is recommended),
- When all the files transferred, disconnect your phone from computer.
- Turn off your phone then turn it on again, wait till its LED light turns to pink or any other color then press either Volume Up or Volume Down. Within the recovery mode just use Volume Up or Down to navigate.
- Now you need to select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset option.
- Afterward just select the Wipe Cache Partition, Continue to choose Wipe Dalvik Cache inside Advanced menu.
- You can now start the flashing process by choosing the Install Zip From SD Card continue with selecting the Choose Zip From SD Card option to find the Validus 7 ROM zip on your smartphone. The process to flash the ROM zip file will then begin.
- Repeat the steps above to install the Google Apps (Gapps) to your phone.
- When done with the flashing just *****Go Back***** to restart your phone please select Reboot System Now option.