Here you will be guided to install the unofficial CM 12 ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-915F and SM-915FY, if you prefer the smoother software powering your phone then this ROM deserves to be installed. Yes Samsung is currently unleashing the official Android 5.0 update to Note Edge but with the existence of TouchWiz, some people think twice to grab it. While this ROM is lighter.
It's based on AOSP, therefore you will need to firstly unlock your bootloader to flash it. And it's stable enough and offering great features. Do not miss the chance of enjoying the better experience of Snapdragon 805 with this lighter software.
- The guides should only be applied if your Samsung Galaxy Note Edge is SM-915F or SM-915FY.
- Make necessary backups over your existing data stored on your device.
- To flash the ROM you need to have either CWM or TWRP or other custom recoveries installed.
- Be sure your batter power is sufficient to perform the flashing procedures.
- Enable Android USB debugging of your Galaxy Note Edge.
- Perform the tutorials and all the risks (like bricking or such) are yours to bear.
- Good luck guys.
Install CM 12 Android 5.0 ROM On Galaxy Note Edge
- When all the needed files above downloaded to your computer, then connect your Galaxy Note Edge to computer.
- Now transfer all the zip files to your computer internal storage, remember transfer them to your internal storage not to external storage.
- Disconnect your phone to computer once the zip files transferred to your Galaxy Note Edge's internal storage.
- Now turn off your phone completely to enter to recovery mode. Press and hold Volume Up + Power + Home buttons altogether.
- When you are in the recovery mode, perform Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Then choose Wipe Cache Partition and then Wipe Dalvik Cache in Advanced menu area.
- Go back to the main menu of recovery mode, then select Install Zip From SD Card continued with selecting Choose Zip From SD Card to further get the CM12 ROM zip file stored in the internal storage. Wait the flashing process to complete.
- Repeat the process to install Gapps zip file after the ROM is successfully installed.
- The thing you need to do now after all the files are flashed is click on Reboot System Now to reboot your phone.