Why do we need a custom recovery like CWM instead of stock recovery which comes preinstalled on our smartphone / tablet?
One of the benefits of it is that CWM recovery can create a full device backup to be used to restore your phone in case of misbehaves in an unrecoverable stage to which force us to perform a factory reset.
When a factory reset performed, all users data will also be gone, that's where the backups created from CWM can help us on the situation. Even a reputable apps like ROM manager and GooManager uses the custom recoveries to assist them accomplishing their jobs.
While the stock recoveries only give us a limited freedom -- like to manually update software from manufacturer -- a custom recovery can be used to flash the zip files, root our device, advance restorations, etc.
To install CWM on your phone, please to firstly read the following preconditions.
- The instructions here only for Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro GT-I8552.
- Make backup first before proceeding.
- Enable your Galaxy Grand Quattro USB Debugging mode first.
- A computer based Windows with a USB cable.
- Perform the guides here and all the risks are yours to hold.
- Be sure you batter power is enough.
Download these files.
Instructions on how to install CWM 220.127.116.11 recovery on Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro GT-I8552 phone
- Now turn your phone off by selecting the Power off option.
- You need to enter to the Download Mode by holding and pressing these buttons; Volume Down + Home + Power.
- When your phone screen display a Warning like in the image below, just use Volume Up button from your phone to confirm entering the mode.
- Now you can open Odin by simply clicking on the .exe file of the tool.
- You can connect your smartphone to computer now with a USB cable so your phone can be detected by Odin.
- If Odin managed to detect your phone you will then see Added!!! message.
- You can continue to tap the AP (For Odin3 v3.09) or PDA (For Odin3 v3.07) then find the recovery.tar.md5 you downloaded and extracted to your PC earlier.
- Now you can click the Start button for Odin to start the installation. Make sure these two options Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are selected before clicking on Start button.
- Just wait for Odin to finish its job.
- When it's finish, Odin will show PASS message meaning the CWM recovery zip has been fully installed on your Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro smartphone.