Here you will learn on how to install CWM recovery on Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro GT-I8552 from the tutorials written and correctly compiled with pictures for almost all steps. We will flash the CWM version 22.214.171.124 using Odin tool developed by Samsung.
Why do we need a custom recovery like CWM instead of stock recovery which comes preinstalled on our smartphone / tablet?
One of the benefits of it is that CWM recovery can create a full device backup to be used to restore your phone in case of misbehaves in an unrecoverable stage to which force us to perform a factory reset.
When a factory reset performed, all users data will also be gone, that's where the backups created from CWM can help us on the situation. Even a reputable apps like ROM manager and GooManager uses the custom recoveries to assist them accomplishing their jobs.
While the stock recoveries only give us a limited freedom -- like to manually update software from manufacturer -- a custom recovery can be used to flash the zip files, root our device, advance restorations, etc.
To install CWM on your phone, please to firstly read the following preconditions.
- The instructions here only for Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro GT-I8552.
- Make backup first before proceeding.
- Enable your Galaxy Grand Quattro USB Debugging mode first.
- A computer based Windows with a USB cable.
- Perform the guides here and all the risks are yours to hold.
- Be sure you batter power is enough.
Download these files.
Instructions on how to install CWM 126.96.36.199 recovery on Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro GT-I8552 phone
- Now turn your phone off by selecting the Power off option.
- You need to enter to the Download Mode by holding and pressing these buttons; Volume Down + Home + Power.
- When your phone screen display a Warning like in the image below, just use Volume Up button from your phone to confirm entering the mode.
- Now you can open Odin by simply clicking on the .exe file of the tool.
- You can connect your smartphone to computer now with a USB cable so your phone can be detected by Odin.
- If Odin managed to detect your phone you will then see Added!!! message.
- You can continue to tap the AP (For Odin3 v3.09) or PDA (For Odin3 v3.07) then find the recovery.tar.md5 you downloaded and extracted to your PC earlier.
- Now you can click the Start button for Odin to start the installation. Make sure these two options Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are selected before clicking on Start button.
- Just wait for Odin to finish its job.
- When it's finish, Odin will show PASS message meaning the CWM recovery zip has been fully installed on your Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro smartphone.