Of course you probably in waiting list because you are here now. Some users may already see its availability on their phone through OTA and some don't so if you haven't seen it, you are invited to manually install the firmware to your beloved Galaxy Alpha.
You should grab this firmware as it will benefit your phone for its features and improvements.
- Keep in mind that the G850FXXU2COD4 (XXU2COD4) Android 5.0.2 Lollipop OTA is for Samsung Galaxy Galaxy Alpha G850F only. So don't install it if yours is not that phone. Check your phone model by heading to Settings -> About phone, if it's written SM – G850F on model number then you can continue.
- Prepare your USB cable and Windows based computer.
- Have already installed a Samsung USB drivers and update it as well.
- Do not forget to also enable USB debugging mode on Android of your phone.
- Disable Samsung KIES and antivirus temporarily so they won't mess the flashing process.
- For a rooted Samsung Galaxy Alpha, then I must tell you that your root access will be wiped out for installing this official update.
- A stock recovery image will replace your existing custom recovery (If you have that kind of recovery).
- Make sure you battery life is sufficient to perform this action.
Well now it's time to jump into the flashing instructions below.
How to update International Samsung Galaxy Alpha SM-G850F to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop OTA G850FXXU2COD4 (XXU2COD4) firmware
Step 1 - Download and then extract the G850FXXU2COD4 zip file. See the tar.md5 extension file that's the firmware. Save it on Desktop of your computer to be easily found.
Step 2 - Now download and extract ODIN v3.09, to be used later for flashing the firmware.
Step 3- We will need to enter to the Download Mode now, turn off your phone then press and hold these buttons altogether Volume Down + Home + Power. A message as warning will appear on your phone's screen. Just use Volume Up to continue entering to that mode.
Step 7 - Now browse the firmware file with .tar.md5 as its extension.
Step 8 - Do not forget to select Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
Step 9 - You can now press the Start button for the installation to begin.
Step 10 - The flashing process is beginning now, just wait til it's finish. Your phone will take rebooting automatically and when you see your phone's Home screen just unplug your phone from USB cable.
Done! You have successfully upgraded your Samsung Galaxy Alpha SM-G850F to G850FXXU2COD4 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop OTA manually. If you are not sure, you can check it using About phone from Settings area.