Samsung has officially released an official update bringing Android 5.0.2 Lollipop with the name G901FXXU1BOD6 (XXU1BOD6) for their Galaxy S5 Plus SM-G901F. The update is now rolling to the region of Nordic countries. You can keep opening the software update section from About phone. Or find its availibility through Samsung KIES installed on your computer -- just connect your phone to computer let KIES detect your phone and then notify you about the available update.
But if you hate waiting your turn to come, as we know both OTA or KIES can take sometime to rely on. Thus you can install this firmware manually by downloading the file and flash it using Odin tool. Lucky you because the post you are reading now containing the complete instructions to bring G901FXXU1BOD6 to your Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus.
If you are interested you can start by firstly reading the following few points of the preconditions section below.
- G901FXXU1BOD6 (XXU1BOD6) should only be installed to Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus SM-G901F. Do not flash it on any other model.
- Remember if your Samsung Galaxy S5 is rooted, then this update will get rid off your root access.
- For those who have installed a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP, will be replaced with a stock recovery brought by this firmware.
- Your KIES will of course detect your phone.
- Those who use a custom ROM will find out that the ROM system memory partition will be erased once this firmware installed.
- Remember you must enable USB debugging mode for Android Lollipop!
- Your battery life should be sufficient for performing this installation.
- We will use Odin.
- Disable both your antivirus and Samsung KIES installed on your computer.
- Have a working computer based Windows and a USB cable, and already installed a USB drivers.
- Backup your data,especially to those who use a custom ROM.
Download the firmware files based on your regions (extract the file).
- Nordic countries G901FXXU1BOD6_G901FNEE1BOD6_NEE/.
How to update Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus SM-G901F to G901FXXU1BOD6 (XXU1BOD6) Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware
Step 1 - Download ODIN v3.09. Do not forget to extract the file.
Step 2- You can now boot your phone into Download Mode. Use these buttons; Volume Down + Home + Power. To access the mode use Volume Up.
Step 7 - Now hit Start button to start the installation.
Step 8 - Just wait till the entire process is finish. Your phone will then reboot.
Step 9 - After reboot, when your phone's Home screen appears just disconnect your phone from your USB cable.
Fix bootloop and other errors.
In case you are stuck on animation logo and unable to boot in normal mode, just perform a factory reset. To do that just follow the guides below.
- Power off your smartphone.
- Boot into Recovery Mode, use these; Volume Up + Home + Power to enter that mode.
- Within the recovery mode interface just select wipe data / factory reset. And then reboot your device. Well done friends.