You are given three options to flash this firmware, first one directly from your phone using an OTA update, the second option is using Samsung KIES by simply connecting your phone to computer and let the KIES notify your if there is a firmware update. Or the third one is taking the manual installation.
Manual installations are used if you haven't been notified by either OTA update or Samsung KIES, and you don't find waiting for turn in queue is a bearable activity. Lucky you as you will be guided here to install I9506XXUDOD1 Android 5.0.1 firmware on Samsung Galaxy S4 I9506 phone. If you are interested let's do it, but firstly please to read the following preconditions.
- I9506XXUDOD1 (XXUDOD1) is for Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9506 LTE-Advance only. Don't flash it if yours is not that model.
- You will lose your root access if your device is rooted.
- Your CWM or TWRP or any other custom recovery installed on your phone will be replaced with a stock recovery for installing this.
- Samsung KIES will detect your phone for installing this update.
- Your custom ROM's system memory partition will be removed.
- As always you must firstly enable USB debugging mode for Android Lollipop before beginning.
- Your batter power should be enough.
- We will use Odin to install firmware zip file.
- Deactivate your antivirus installed on PC as it will block Odin from running.
- Your Samsung KIES should also be disabled.
- A Windows based computer with a USB driver installed and a USB cable.
Download the firmware files based on your regions (extract the file).
- France (Orange) I9506XXUDOD1_I9506FTMDOC2_FTM.
How to update Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9506 (LTE-Advance) to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop with I9506XXUDOD1 (XXUDOD1) firmware
Step 1 - Download ODIN v3.09. Once it's downloaded, extract the file.
Step 2- You can now turn off your phone to boot it into Download Mode. Use the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons. And to continue entering the mode, use Volume Up.
Step 7 - Now click on Start button for Odin to start flashing your firmware .tar.md5 file.
Step 8 - Just wait for the process to finish. You will then see your phone takes rebooting.
Step 9 - When you see your phone's home screen, you need to unplug it from computer.
Fix bootloop and other errors.
Well if you are unable to boot into a normal mode and be stuck in animation logo, then you need to perform a factory reset. You should already have backups before performing this action.
- Turn off your phone now.
- Now enter the Recovery Mode, by using the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons.
- Within the recovery mode, select wipe data / factory reset.
- When done, your phone will be new like you bought it for the first time.
- Reboot your Samsung Galaxy S4.