Here we will guide you to install N915FYXXU1BOC3 (XXU1BOC3) Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware update to Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915FY that's released and pushed by Samsung to a certain regions on Europe precisely United Kingdom, Poland and Switzerland that are using Black Edition network.
If you are not notified by either OTA update or Samsung KIES then you can install the update manually. Here I will walk you through the entire update process. Just be sure you firstly read the following preconditions before starting the flash procedures.
This is a good update for anyone expecting a better performance of their device and get rid off the bugs they find.
- N915FYXXU1BOC3 (XXU1BOC3) is an update is for Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915FY.
- For any rooted Galaxy Note Edge should know the update will wipe your root access out.
- This firmware will install the stock image recovery replacing your existing custom recovery.
- Since this is a firmware update, installing it will make your device detected by Samsung KIES.
- System memory partition of your custom ROM's will be deleted (This only for those using a custom ROM).
- Never forget to enable USB debugging mode for Android 5.0.1 Lollipop!
- Batter percentage of your phone should be sufficient.
- Odin will be used for firmware flashing.
- Remember that you must disable your antivirus and deactivate KIES temporarily just to install this firmware.
- Prepare your Windows computer, a USB cable and already have a USB driver installed.
- Do not forget to backup your phone. Especially to those using a custom ROM.
Download the firmware files based on your regions (extract the file).
- United Kingdom (Black Edition) N915FYXXU1BOC3_N915FYOXA1BOC3_BTU.
- Poland (Black Edition) N915FYXXU1BOC3_N915FYOXX1BOD3_XEO.
- Switzerland (Black Edition) N915FYXXU1BOC3_N915FYAUT1BOD1_AUT.
How to update Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915FY to N915FYXXU1BOC3 (XXU1BOC3) Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware
Step 1 - Download ODIN v3.09. Extract it after it's download.
Step 2- Now boot your phone to Download Mode. Utilize these buttons; Volume Down + Home + Power. Press on Volume up to access the Download mode.
Step 7 - Start the flashing procedure by hitting the Start button.
Step 8 - All you need to do is waiting for Odin to finish its job, you will see your phone rebooting once the flashing process finished.
Step 9 - If you see your device's home screen just unplug it from computer or USB cable.
Fix bootloop and other errors.
However if your device doesn't boot into a normal mode as it's expected instead it's stuck on animation logo. You should perform a factory reset. Remember to backup your phone first before taking this action.
- Your phone should be completely powered off.
- Now boot into Recovery Mode using these buttons; Volume Up + Home + Power.
- Inside the recovery mode select wipe data / factory reset. And reboot your Galaxy Note Edge.