If you are not notified by either OTA update or Samsung KIES then you can install the update manually. Here I will walk you through the entire update process. Just be sure you firstly read the following preconditions before starting the flash procedures.
This is a good update for anyone expecting a better performance of their device and get rid off the bugs they find.
- N915FYXXU1BOC3 (XXU1BOC3) is an update is for Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915FY.
- For any rooted Galaxy Note Edge should know the update will wipe your root access out.
- This firmware will install the stock image recovery replacing your existing custom recovery.
- Since this is a firmware update, installing it will make your device detected by Samsung KIES.
- System memory partition of your custom ROM's will be deleted (This only for those using a custom ROM).
- Never forget to enable USB debugging mode for Android Lollipop!
- Batter percentage of your phone should be sufficient.
- Odin will be used for firmware flashing.
- Remember that you must disable your antivirus and deactivate KIES temporarily just to install this firmware.
- Prepare your Windows computer, a USB cable and already have a USB driver installed.
- Do not forget to backup your phone. Especially to those using a custom ROM.
Download the firmware files based on your regions (extract the file).
- United Kingdom (Black Edition) N915FYXXU1BOC3_N915FYOXA1BOC3_BTU.
- Poland (Black Edition) N915FYXXU1BOC3_N915FYOXX1BOD3_XEO.
- Switzerland (Black Edition) N915FYXXU1BOC3_N915FYAUT1BOD1_AUT.
How to update Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915FY to N915FYXXU1BOC3 (XXU1BOC3) Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware
Step 1 - Download ODIN v3.09. Extract it after it's download.
Step 2- Now boot your phone to Download Mode. Utilize these buttons; Volume Down + Home + Power. Press on Volume up to access the Download mode.
Step 7 - Start the flashing procedure by hitting the Start button.
Step 8 - All you need to do is waiting for Odin to finish its job, you will see your phone rebooting once the flashing process finished.
Step 9 - If you see your device's home screen just unplug it from computer or USB cable.
Fix bootloop and other errors.
However if your device doesn't boot into a normal mode as it's expected instead it's stuck on animation logo. You should perform a factory reset. Remember to backup your phone first before taking this action.
- Your phone should be completely powered off.
- Now boot into Recovery Mode using these buttons; Volume Up + Home + Power.
- Inside the recovery mode select wipe data / factory reset. And reboot your Galaxy Note Edge.
Done my friend.