TWRP recovery is one of the two most used custom recoveries beside CWM, it comes with a better interface compared with CWM and has the same abilities with CWM too.
Installing TWRP recovery will give number of benefits -- since it's delivering an ability to play with your Android internal system -- then you can install root method to gain root access, flashing great non-official ROMs for your device, make a Nandroid backup, installing zip files directly from your phone, you can also double-speed your device with overclocking its CPU. All those goodies can be achieved if your phone has the custom recovery installed such as TWRP.
Those abilities are absent on the stock recovery image, you will only be given with limited freedom like updating to stock firmware, perform a factory reset, reboot your phone, etc.
If you are interested to give this great custom recovery a try, then you are invited to follow the full guides written on this post. Make sure you know the process is a bit complicate for you need to execute ADB command to bring it your phone. Are you read? Then let's firstly read the following preconditions.
- Be wise! Before performing any non-official procedures like flashing a custom recovery like this, you should firstly perform backups!
- Remember your device's bootloader should already been unlocked, then learn to unlock any Motorola devices bootloader.
- Remember that it's needed to firstly enable Moto E LTE USB debugging mode first.
- Flashing TWRP recovery will void your device's warranty, so prepare your money to pay Motorola in case of services needed if your device's bricked / damaged in the future.
- We will use computer to execute the ADB command while your phone is connected to it, therefore enable your Moto E LTE's USB debugging mode.
- A computer and a USB cable of yours should be ready to use.
- Your computer should already has Android SDK and Fasboot installed.
- Be sure to temporarily deactivate your computer's antivirus as this kind of security software usually interrupt the operation.
- Your phone's battery percentage should be at least %60 at minimum.
- Follow the entire steps, do not skip anything, remember that.
- Perform the instructions written here and you know that all the risks are yours.
How to install TWRP recovery with Encryption Support on 2015 Moto E LTE
Files you need to download.
- Download TWRP recovery image (14.24MB). Put the file on the Desktop of your computer.
Instructions to install TWRP recovery on Moto E LTE (2015).
- Now power off your Moto E LTE, then boot it into fastboot mode.
- You need to connect your Android phone to your PC using the available USB cable.
- When they are connected, then go to the place where you put the TWRP image recovery file.
- In that, you need to launch a command prompt (cmd) box (By pressing and holding the Shift key on keyboard, then right-click anywhere).
- When the cmd is opened, then type this command; fastboot flash recovery recovery.img.
- Then wait now, as the process is meant to install the TWRP image recovery to your Moto E LTE.
- When it's finish. Execute the command here; fastboot reboot.