Though this ROM is in testing phase, but there are neither major bugs nor issues found so far from the one who tested it. In fact the main features and functions are reported to work almost flawlessly.
The ROM deserves of your attention, it's a worthy enough to be flashed, but let me remind you it won't run as stable as the stock firmware but do not be too worry because the ROM will receive updates in the future to get its best performance. Are you interested to give CM12.1 ROM a try ? Well you are pleased to follow the full instructions written on this post.
And I think you will not be sorry once the Lollipop based ROM has fully installed and running on your shinny Xperia L as the ROM comes with very great features to increase the excitements and experiences of using your phone.
So if you are ready you can firstly read what's to do and what will you need to do as preparations.
- The unofficial CM 12.1 ROM is the result of AOSP based projects, so you are going to need to firstly make your Sony Xperia device's bootloader unlocked.
- Gapps should be flashed separately because this ROM doesn't include the Google official apps within.
- Your phone should already have either CWM or TWRP installed.
- You have a ready to use computer and a USB cable.
- Enable USB Debugging mode of Sony Xperia L.
- Remember you don't start anything from the below tutorials without firstly make backups to your phone.
Flashing this ROM will give your phone Android Lollipop experience, thus you can continue to follow the full flashing instructions or back away. The choice is yours. So is the responsible is yours.
Update Sony Xperia L To Android Lollipop (5.1.1) with Unofficial CM 12.1 custom ROM
- Download Unofficial CM12 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop ROM zip file here(246.9 Mb).
- Download Gapps here (90MB).
- Remember you need to connect your Xperia L to PC to further transferring all the downloaded zip files to your phone's internal storage (Save them to root folder).
- Unplug your phone from USB cable once the zip files transferred.
- Now turn off your smartphone and then boot into recovery mode.
- Inside the recovery mode, select Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- And then select Wipe Cache Partition afterward head to Advanced menu then choose Wipe Dalvik Cache. You need to also wipe system partitions and data.
- Now select the Install Zip From SD Card and then Choose Zip From SD Card to find the zip file of the ROM. Then process the installation.
- Do the same thing to flash the Gapps zip file.
- When done, select *****Go Back***** and then reboot your Sony Xperia L using the Reboot System Now option.