When root access is obtained you can further carry on number of custom actions like installing custom Kernels, custom ROMs, removing preinstalled apps, creating a Nandroid backups and other unofficial operations that are impossible without root access.
We can start to the instructions. But be sure you firstly need to read the preconditions below. Guys.
- Root will void your device's warranty, therefore if you happen bricking your software or other system failures occurred, then you can claim your warranty and HTC will charge you for technical service you want.
- Backup all data and settings inside your HTC One M9 phone now.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your HTC One M9.
- A computer, have already installed HTC original drivers on computer and a USB cable.
- Better to have a fully charged batter before beginning.
- Have already installed TWRP recovery and your device's bootloader should already be unlocked.
- Temporarily deactivate your antivirus software, usually this software interrupts the root tool from running, once you've done with root your phone you can reactivate it.
Root HTC One M9 TutorialsFile you need.
- Download CF-Auto-Root from Chainfire to your computer and don't extract / unzip the zip file but leave it as is.
All the steps in the instructions section should be performed entirely, do not skip any steps, unless you've done them.
Let's do it.
- Connect your HTC One M9 to computer now using a USB cable.
- When connected, transfer the zip file (CF-Auto-Root) you downloaded earlier to your phone.
- Then disconnect your phone from computer.
- Turn it off completely to further reboot into the recovery mode.
- Inside the TWRP recovery, hit the Install option to grab the CF-Auto-Root within your phone.
- The installation processes will then begin, just wait till it's completely done.
- When your phone is rooted, reboot it using the Reboot option from TWRP main menu.
If you experience bootloop to which your phone is unable to boot into a normal mode, just perform a factory reset through TWRP recovery using Wipe option continued with selecting Clear Cache. Done with all those operations, reboot your phone, now it can boot into the normal mode,