Root T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6 using the most easy and stable method. This post is created to guide T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6 users rooting their devices. There are various methods provided to deliver root access to the device. However the most easiest, stablest, and simplest is using CF-Auto-Root tool as it's designed with capabilities to work almost flawlessly with Samsung Galaxy flagships ecosystem, let alone it takes Odin as flashing tool -- Odin is the official tool developed by Samsung that works only for Windows computer and it's designed to helps Samsung users to manually update their phones / tablets with a stock firmware -- therefore it's the safest method too.
If you wish to root T-Mobile based Samsung Galaxy S6 of yours, then you are pleased to do so and invited to learn each rooting step from this post.
Other method to root Samsung Galaxy S6 with SuperSU and TWRP recovery. But you need to firstly install TWRP recovery on Galaxy S6.
- Apply the tutorials here only if your device is T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6. If yours is Edge variant, you can read the full rooting instructions here; root T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Edge.
- Albeit the rooting process will not delete your data -- in order words a safe rooting method -- but things unexpected could happen like your data get corrupted -- thus please backup before proceeding.
- Rooting will likely void your device warranty.
- Your battery power should be enough..
- Root your device, but all the risks are yours to take.
- Your Windows computer should already have installed original USB drivers from Samsung, and has a USB cable.
- This is important too, be sure you enable your USB Debugging mode.
- Let's do it.
- Download CF-Auto-Root for Samsung Galaxy S6 T-Mobile (Extract the root package).
- Download Odin3 v3-09 or Odin3 v3-07 (Pick one that you think serves you most).
Instructions to root T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6
- Now power off your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6.
- When your device's completely powered off, you can now boot into the Download Mode by pressing these buttons together; Volume Down + Home + Power.
- A warning will come out to your screen. That's when you need to use Volume Up button to continue entering Download Mode.
- Now open Odin stored in your pc, simply click the Odin exe file.
- When Odin is opened, you can now connect your T-Mobile Galaxy S6 to computer.
- Odin will automatically detect your phone, you will find Added!!! message, that means it's detected. See the image blow guys.
- Now you need to click on AP (For Odin3 v3.09) or PDA (For Odin3 v3.07) continued with finding Cf-Auto-Root.tar file you previously downloaded to your PC.
- Click the Start button via Odin, make sure these two options; Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options are checked.
- The flashing process is now beginning, it takes about 50 or 60 seconds.
- When done, Odin will display PASS message.
- That's it. You have successfully rooted your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6. Now you can unplug your smartphone from USB cable.