If you are interested in bringing root access to your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge you are welcomed to follow the steps written on this post. But as always I will also urge you to read the several points from preconditions below.
- Enable Unknown Sources from your device, open Settings -> Security -> check on box beside Unknown Sources.
- Backup all your data before proceeding, well this is recommended, do it guys.
- A computer with a USB cable.
- PingPongRoot root will not trip KNOX warranty bit of your phone because it doesn't use Odin for flashing purpose. However it will leave SU files on system partitions.
- Proceed to the instructions and all the risks which happens after or during the process are yours to take.
File you need.
Download PingPongRoot_beta5.1.apk (You can download it directly from your phone or using a computer then once it's downloaded, connect your phone to computer using a USB cable, then transfer the apk file to your phone internal storage or you can also go directly to XDA forum download the apk file).
Instructions to root Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge
- Find the place within your device where you put pingpongroot_beta5.1.apk. Use your file manage, and when find it, tap on the apk file to install it.
- Once it's fully installed, Open it.
- You will be asked to install SuperSu, just install it.
- Once done, you need to tap on Get Root button.
- The rooting process will begin, just wait.
- Once done, you can reboot your phone.
In case you find it doesn't perform as you expected or things go badly (I doubt it will), then here what you need to do.
- Turn off your phone.
- Go to recovery mode for Samsung Galaxy S6 of yours.
- In that mode, perform a factory reset / hard reset by selecting Wipe Data / Factory Reset continued with Delete All User Data.
- Once it's done, select Reboot System Now to reboot your Samsung Galaxy S6.
Other tutorials you may like.
- How to take a screenshot on Galaxy S6.
- Install CWM recovery on Galaxy S6.
- Install TWRP on Galaxy S6.