Tutorials to unroot Galaxy S6. Is your Samsung Galaxy S6 is rooted, now you have changed your mind and want your smartphone to be unrooted? You can follow the full guides here at the end you can revert your phone back to its default condition.
Once your phone is unrooted, you can once again enjoy the factory actions like performing update through either OTA or KIES, reclaim your warranty and keep your phone's system locked for the possible malfunction which are popular enough found on rooted phones, because of malware or such that could be accidentally installed through root apps.
Or the reasons of unrooting your phone is because wanted to fix issues that effecting your phone performance. Thus unroot is needed because when the process takes place will flash the stock firmware, during that flashing all the issues caused by bad apps will also be wiped out. Thus your phone will be back to its good condition again.
Whatever your reasoning, let's unroot the Samsung Galaxy S6 after it's rooted, but firstly you are invited to read the preconditions first. Because it's important to know what to do and the effects caused by the process.
- Unrooting a rooted phone, means the stock firmware will wipe your phone internal system. Therefore make backups first!
- We will use a stock firmware, Odin tool, a Windows computer.
- Enable your Galaxy S6 USB Debugging mode.
- Download firmware for Samsung Galaxy S6.
- Download Odin3 v3-07,
- Download and install Samsung KIES Mini to your PC, if you haven't.
Instructions to unroot Samsung Galaxy S6
- Power off your Samsung Galaxy S6 completely.
- Enter to the Download Mode now, by simply pressing these keys at the same time; Volume Down + Home + Power.
- Press Volume Up key if you see the following Waring on your phone's screen. You are in Download Mode now.
- Launch Odin, just click the exe file you downloaded to your PC earlier.
- When Odin is opened, connect your Samsung Galaxy S6 to your computer using a USB cable.
- Odin will try to detect your phone, when it's detected, you will see Added!!! appear on message box.
- Tap the AP (For Odin3 v3.09) or PDA (For Odin3 v3.07) key then locate the stock software on PC to be flashed on Samsung Galaxy S6 phone.
- No Start button and Odin will do its job installing the stock software for your smartphone.
- Once it has finished the installations, it will display PASS notification on the top side.
- That means the stock software was successfully installed on your phone and the phone is unrooted now.
However if in the future you want the root access back, no worry, below are the guides written and published on this blog dedicated to assist you unlocking your Android Galaxy S6 system. Here they are.