BlissPop ROM comes with OTA update ability, as for you who have installed its previous version then you can simply update it via OTA. And it's reported the ROM is stable, fast and smooth enough. This would be a great chance to give the taste of the most improved and sophisticated Android version to the unsupported device like Galaxy S3 phone.
If you are interested to install BlissPop custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S3, then please to firstly read the following prerequisites.
- BlissPop ROM is neither developed by Google nor Samsung, as the result if your phone experience software failures or malfunctions then you can't claim warranty.
- Samsung KIES will stop recognizing your phone after it's running on your phone.
- Your device's bootloader should be unlocked.
- Your Galaxy S3 should already have CWM or TWRP recovery installed to flash the zip files of the ROM.
- You need to enable your Samsung Galaxy S3 USB Debugging mode.
- A computer with a USB cable ready to use.
- A sufficient phone's battery power.
- The ROM doesn't include Gapps, you need to install the apps package separately.
- Your computer has the latest USB drivers originally from Samsung.
Follow the flashing guides here but all the risks happen after or during the process are yours to bear. Blame nobody but yourself if that really happens.
Tutorials to install the BlissPop Android 5.1.1 ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300
Files needed for the installations.
- Connect your Galaxy S3 to PC, then transfer the zip files you just downloaded to its internal storage -- recommended to root folder.
- Disconnect the phone from PC.
- Then power it off, to boot into recovery mode, use Volume Up + Home + Power keys together.
- Within the recovery mode, use Volume keys to navigate to Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Once done, perform the Wipe Cache Partition, followed with performing the Wipe Dalvik Cache in Advanced menu.
- You can start flashing the ROM zip file by selecting the Install Zip From SD Card then to Choose Zip From SD Card to get the zip file you placed to internal storage earlier.
- Do the same step if you want to flash the zip file of Gapps.
- When finished, use *****Go Back***** option to get you back to main recovery interface then choose Reboot System Now to restart your phone.
- When your home screen appear, you can check the About section to see what's ROM powering your phone now.