For example those who own Motorola Atrix HD, RAZR MAXX HD, RAZR M and DROID RAZR HD can unlock their device bootloader. Thanks to a famous researcher Dan Rosenberg to makes this possible, he has given the result publicly showing the unlocked bootloader of those devices to us. Not only that the man also has released its tool, has explained what is and also has elaborated all the necessary steps to unlock bootloader of Motorola Atrix HD, RAZR MAXX HD, RAZR M and DROID RAZR HD using his tool.
Unfortunately this method doesn't work on the OMAP processor powered devices such as OG RAZR / MAXX as they use completely different security system that until this post written remained uncracked.
For those who have unsupported device, then you can proceed to my previous post called how to unlock bootloader on any Motorola devices.
If you are owner of one of the supported devices, you can now unlock your Motorola device's bootloader. Dan has posted the how to guide tutorials publicly for anyone with the supported device to follow.
But the indisputable requirement to do so is your device should already be rooted.
Before I direct you to the instructions section containing the tool released by Dan. Please to firstly read the following.
A few words called warnings.
- Remember performing this action will nullify your device's warranty.
- Once your device's bootloader is unlocked, there is no way to relock it afterward. This is a one way tick, no turning back chance given. (That means if your device's lost, when it's unlocked, so there is no encrypted data anymore, so the one found your device can extract all your personal data stored in your phone.
- No body should be held responsible for any unwanted results during or after performing the bootloader unlocking tutorials using Dan's tool.
Your device is rooted and "su" binary is already installed.Instructions to unlock bootloader Motorola Atrix HD, RAZR MAXX HD, RAZR M and DROID RAZR
- Download Dan's tool (motopocalypse.zip) to your PC and then extract the download zip file.
- For Windows OS users, be sure your computer has the newest version of Motorola USB driver that's needed by your smartphone.
- Be sure your phone's rooted and "su" is working.
- Be sure Motorola device's USB Debugging mode is set to enable.
- For Windows OS users, go to the extracted zip file of motopocalypse folder.
- Inside the folder, execute run.bat.
- As for Mac OS X or Linux, execute /run.sh.