The T800XXU1BOD1 (XXU1BOD1) firmware has been released recently bringing Android 5.0.2 Lollipop with all the improvements and bug-fixes for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Wi-Fi SM-T800, the update will take your tablet performance to a better level and that's for you are recommended to install it right now.
You can of course use either over the air (System Update) or Samsung KIES utilities to have the firmware installed automatically, but since its availability in those automatic utilities would take sometimes, you should not expect the process be fast.
But do not worry because you can take another road, which is install the software manually, at the end the firmware will be powering your device.
And here you will be fully guided to perform the manual installations. Just prepare everything needed before starting the whole process. Okey?
You should firstly read the following prerequisites to make you ready.
- You should only install the T800XXU1BOD1 (XXU1BOD1) on any other devices or models, only flash it on Galaxy Tab S 10.S Wi-Fi.
- In case your Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.S Wi-Fi is rooted, then it will lose the root access after the firmware is installed.
- All the custom ROM system partitions will be wiped out after the installations.
- Never forget to firstly enable USB Debugging mode for your Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.S Wi-Fi Android Lollipop first.
- We will use Odin as the flashing tool, thus disable your antivirus and KIES temporarily so it can run smoothly. Re-enable the two software once the flashing process is done.
- Your computer powered with a Windows OS should be ready. A USB drivers should already be installed. And a USB cable is ready to be used.
- Be sure your battery power is not low, charge it first, that would be good deed.
- KIES will recognize your device after this official ROM is installed.
How to install T800XXU1BOD1 (XXU1BOD1) Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware on Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Wi-Fi SM-T800
- Completely turn off your Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Wi-Fi SM-T800 using the Power Off option.
- Now boot into the Download Mode, when your device's off, press these three combination keys all together; Volume Down + Home + Power.
- A warning will appear to warning you about what could happen for whatever you'll inside the mode. Just use Volume Up to continue.
- You must open Odin now. Click the exe file of tool you downloaded to your computer earlier.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy Tab S to computer now while Odin is running.
- Added!!! will be showing on the message box indicating the tool has managed recognizing your tablet.
- Click on the AP (For Odin3 v3.09) or the PDA (For Odin3 v3.07) button to find and get the T800XXU1BOD1 you extracted previously on your computer.
- Proceed to the installation by pressing the Start button but beforehand make sure these two options are checked Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time. If they are checked you can click the Start button now.
- Odin will now flashing the firmware file to your phone, when it has finished its job, it will display a notification saying PASS . That means the firmware was successfully installed on your tablet.
- After your phone finished rebooting, and your device's home screen appears, you can disconnect your tablet from PC.
Fix bootloop and other errors.Awesome my friend. Because you have done updating to the T800XXU1BOD1 (XXU1BOD1) build bringing Android 5.0.2 Lollipop and your Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 Wi-Fi SM-T800 should perform better than usual.
Hope this is not happening, but it is, if your tablet doesn't pass the animation Samsung logo or stuck in bootloop. Just perform a factory reset via recovery mode. You must enter to that mode first. Do so by pressing these 3 keys simultaneously Volume Up + Home + Power. Inside the mode, choose Wipe Data / Factory Reset from the menu list. Finish.