Update HTC One S to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop instructions. Are you a HTC One S user? Of course you will be glad reading this new. your old smartphone can now taste the delicious nuance of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Yes you read it right. You will have that Google latest mobile OS running on your smartphone. Thanks to CyanogenMod team that has poured their attentions to deliver Lollipop through their CM 12.1 Nightly. You can flash the ROM to your phone right now by following the guides written from the post.
- You need to unlock your device bootloader, as this ROM was created based on on AOSP project.
- The ROM has not yet reached the final build, so you can expect bugs once it's fully running to your phone.
- You need to also enable HTC One S USB debugging mode of yours.
- Should already have a custom recovery installed.
- It's recommended that your device is rooted.
- Be sure you backups all the data you regard important before proceeding to the full flashing instructions below.
- Your device should be HTC One S. Not any other models or types. Mark that guys.
How to update HTC One S to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop by flashing the CM12.1 Nightly Build ROMFiles you need.
- You need to transfer all the zip files you downloaded to computer to your HTC One S. To do so connect your phone to computer / laptop.
- Transfer the zip files to SD Card Root folder not in external storage (Transfer boot.img to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory).
- When all the zip files are stored in your phone then power off your phone to get into the Bootloader / Fastboot mode, do so by powering it on while your fingers pressing the Volume Down + Power buttons at the same time.
- Inside the Fasboot Mode, go to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory in your computer, then launch the Command Prompt box. (Shift + Right Click -> Open Command Prompt).
- Inside the command prompt box, type or execute the following command.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- And then this command too.
- Then do the onscreen instructions, choose the Bootloader then choose Recovery.
- Inside the recovery (This is the interface of CWM, if you use other custom recovery would be different, but still the options are the same). Do the Wipe Data/ Factory Reset action.
- Once the above task completed, move to Wipe Cache Partition then move to Advanced menu to perform Wipe Dalvik Cache. It is recommended for you to also wipe data partitions and system.
- Back to the CWM recovery menu, then select the Install Zip From SD Card afterward select the Choose Zip From SD Card option then find the CM12.1 Nightly Android 5.1.1 zip file that you transferred to your phone earlier. The action will start the ROM flashing process.
- Now you can repeat the above procedure to flash the Gapps zip file.
- If all the flashing processes are done you can back to the main menu by utilizing the *****Go Back***** option then reboot your phone using the Reboot System Now option.
- Your HTC One S will automatically reboot once the option selected. It will then load all the ROM and Gapps zip files to normal mode.
- The rebooting process could be longer than usual reboot. Just be patient.