As far as I know the smartphone only got major update once, that's when we heard about the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean release to replaced the version Android 4.1.2 as pre-installed software of this phone. After that there is no more major update. Albeit the phone was packed with magnificent hardware but didn't move Samsung to pour it with even a KitKat.
But luckily its specifications got pretty popular attentions from wide Android developers, we have heard several custom ROMs released to deliver best experiences for the phone. Now we have handed with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop based modified ROM, namely CM12.1 Build developed by pawitp. You are invited to give this ROM a try, and test it whether it will deserve to be your daily drive.
And the post you are reading now contains the full instructions of flashing the ROM to the device. If you are interested then prepare anything necessary.
Remember you are only invited to flash it, not being forced at all, this ROM is not fully stable, but most of the functions are working well enough. One more thing if (Remember if) anything you dislike happens after or during the ROM flashing. Then it would be your own responsible. Blame nobody except yourself if that happens.
- Remember to only flash the CM 12.1 Build on either Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 or GT-I9082L only.
- You are recommended to start every non-official operations, like installing a modified ROM with make necessary backups.
- Since you will connect your phone to computer, therefore to make your Android USB debugging mode enabled first.
- The bootloader of your phone should be in an unlocked condition.
- A computer and a USB cable are ready to use.
- This ROM doesn't come with a Gapps, therefore we will install Google Apps separately.
- You should already installed a custom recovery, this post using a CWM recovery software.
Steps to update Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 / GT-I9082L to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop using CWM recovery to flash CM 12.1 Build.
- Now plug your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT to computer with the help of a USB cable.
- Transfer the ROM and Gapps file to your phone's internal storage.
- Now unplug your device from USB cable and then turn off your device, then boot into the CWM Recovery Mode using these buttons; Volume UP + Home + Power.
- Inside the recovery mode, make a backup first, by selecting; Backup and Restore option. (Skip this action if you already have backups).
- Now perform a factory reset by selecting; Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
- You can now hit the install zip from sdcard, to further grabbing the CM 12.1 Build Zip from your phone.
- Now reboot your phone using a Reboot System Now option. Repeat the process from step 6 to step 7 to flash the Gapps.