Update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to Android Lollipop (5.1.1). A senior XDA member namely RubbaBand has updated their modified ROM, Benghazi recently. The ROM is now bringing Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. He made the ROM to supports Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 smartphone.
Since this 5.5" won't get any Android 5.1.1 update now and in the future, so do not wait for Samsung to change their mind to pour that Android most sophisticated version. Because that will not happen. Therefore you should take this opportunity offered by this ROM or any other ROMs that come with Lollipop based version.
So if you own that phone you can give this non-stock ROM a try. Well you might ask yourself what would I want to flash this ROM?
Just for you to know that this ROM is fast, stable and smooth. No to mention there are plenty of features provided for your own pleasure such as.
- This ROM is rooted.
- Rooted / Deodexed / Zipaligned / Busybox
- There is a Multiple Languages + Multiple Keyboard Languages.
- Aroma Installer
- Heads up notifications
- App circle sidebar
- Apps to SD
- Custom Notification LED Lights
- Recent Panel Settings
- Privacy Options
- 4Way Reboot
- Lockscreen Shortcuts
- Power Saving Mode
- Double Tap to Lock The Screen
- Many more.
If you are interested, you can read the preconditions first before going into the full instruction details. Read these guys.
- Perform necessary backups first. This is a highly recommended prerequisites before getting yourself into the unofficial operations like flashing a custom ROM.
- You will need to perform a factory reset later, to clean your device, so this ROM can run smooth. Therefore make backups now guys.
- Benghazi is an AOSP based ROM, that means your device's bootloader should already be unlocked.
- There is no gapps included here, so install the Google apps, if you want.
- Your Samsung Galaxy Note II USB Debugging Mode should be enabled first.
- This ROM is not from Samsung.
- Be sure you have a working USB cable and a Windows based computer with USB drivers has been installed.
Perform to the full instructions below but all the risks are yours to bear.
Tutorials to update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to Android Lollipop (5.1.1) with the Benghazi ROM
Files needed for the installations. Download them to your PC, but don't extract all the zip files.
- Now transfer all the zip files you've downloaded above to your phone's internal storage. To do so connect your phone to PC, transfer the files. Once done unplug your phone from USB cable then turn it off as we will enter to the recovery (CWM) recovery. Utilize the Home + Power + Volume Up buttons to enter to that mode.
- When you are in the CWM recovery interface, you need to carry out the Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Now you also need to accomplish the Wipe Cache Partition, when done, go to Advanced menu to perform the Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Now select Install Zip From SD Card continued with selecting Choose Zip From SD Card then search the place where you located the ROM zip file, then install it, the flashing process will begin.
- If you want to flash the Gapps, repeat the above step.
- Now select the *****Go Back***** option using Power, restart your phone then using the Reboot System Now.
- Once your phone finished rebooting. Check the about phone area to see the ROM is there.