You can update your rooted Sony Experia Z1 Compact to the Android 14.5.A.0.270 Lollipop firmware and keep your root access and CWM recovery intact.
If your Sony Xperia Z1 Compact is rooted then you can update its software to the official Android Lollipop (14.5.A.0.270) OS using a pre-rooted ROM that will not only maintain your root access at the same time it will also keep your custom recovery image.
As we know that Sony is pushing the update to the System Update feature, if your device is rooted then it will impossible to receive it via the over the air (OTA) feature. Thus to solve the problem, we can take a manual installations by simply flash the firmware zip file using a custom recovery such CWM or TWRP on Xperia Z1 Compact phone.
Yes you are right this is a custom ROM based on 14.5.A.0.270 firmware dedicated to those who have Sony Xperia Z1 with a root access, do not worry because you will get 100% pure and stable Lollipop stock, because this is an official firmware released by Sony packed in zip file to serve the root users.
Those who have tested the ROM have reported the software works great without issues and comes with very significant bug fixes. You will not find any lags or any issues that effecting your device performance once it's fully powering your device. As I mentioned earlier the 14.5.A.0.270 OS ROM is only for rooted Sony Xperia Z1, if your device is not rooted, you can use the OTA device or root it first.
Since it's a pre-rooted ROM and installing it will also keep your custom recovery intact, so it's simply a custom ROM developed and maintained by an XDA developer, therefore your device's warranty will be nullified. So if you happen to brick or damage your phone, you can not claim your warranty and be charged with a certain amount of fee by Sony for any services you seek.
If you are interested to install the Android 14.5.A.0.270 Lollipop Firmware on your Xperia Z1 Compact then you need to firstly read the following.
- Make necessary backup, nobody can tell the future, you could experience any disturbance situation like losing your data during the process (though it's a rare case) and remember during the flashing procedure you are required to perform a factory reset, thus backup...backup...backup!
- Remember your Sony Xperia Z is rooted already with a custom recovery installed (Learn to root Sony Xperia Z1 Compact).
- Do not skip any step written on the instructions section below.
- Enable your Xperia Z1 Compact USB debugging first.
- A computer and a USB cable ready.
- SuperSU is included here.
- Be sure your battery power is above %60 at minimum.
Perform the instructions here but all the risk which may happen as the results performing the procedures are yours.
Instructions to update Sony Xperia Z1 Compact to the official Android Lollipop (14.5.A.0.270) OS
- Download Android 14.5.A.0.270 Lollipop update for the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact (1.3GB).
Instructions to manually install the official Android 14.5.A.0.270 Lollipop firmware on Sony Xperia Z1 Compact.
- Now transfer the zip file you downloaded above to the internal storage of your phone.
- When the zip file is transferred, unplug your phone from computer.
- Now enter to the recovery mode, by firstly powering off your phone, then use the combinations to enter to that mode.
- Within the CWM / TWRP recovery, do the Wipe Data/Factory Reset option.
- Now Wipe Cache Partition, continued with Wipe Dalvik Cache via the Advanced menu.
- When done, let's select the Install Zip From SD Card continued with choosing the Choose Zip From SD Card then find the zip file you placed previously in the internal storage of your phone to start the installation.
- When the firmware is entirely flashed, you can use *****Go Back***** option to further select the Reboot System Now option in order for rebooting your phone.
- When your phone has rebooted then you see your phone's home screen then go to about phone to find the OS running on your phone.