The official G925VVRU1AOC3 (VRU1AOC3) Android Lollipop has been recently launched by Samsung to deliver update to US Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925V, so you can expect its availability through either OTA or Samsung KIES. However the process could take sometimes, days or (hopefully not) a week. Now the firmware is pushed to OTA.
Every official update comes with improvements and bug-fixes by that motivate you to install it right now, yet it's not available through automatic update utilities. Thus if you feel the waiting times unbearable then you can take another road to bring the firmware to your Samsung Galaxy S6 by simply downloading it and then installing it manually.
If installing it manually is your final decision. Then you will be guided through all the processes needed from this post. The manual installations like these should be applied to those living outside the supported regions or carriers.
And it's always recommended to always keep up with the latest official build running on our phone as it will keep the phone's performance at best.
So you are recommended to provide times to read the preconditions section first.
- You should apply the instructions here only if your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge model is SM-G925V.
- If your phone has a root access, you have to be ready of losing it as the firmware will wipe it out.
- If your smartphone using a custom ROM, this firmware will delete the ROM system partitions.
- Enable USB Debugging mode of your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925V first.
- It's better to disable both antivirus and Samsung KIES temporarily to let Odin do its job.
- A Windows OS based PC, USB drivers originally from Samsung has been installed, and a ready to use USB cable.
- Your phone battery power should be fully charged, or at least enough to perform the entire process.
- Samsung KIES will continue recognizing your phone after the firmware is installed.
- Download G925VVRU1AOC3.
- Download Odin3 v3-07,
How to install G925VVRU1AOC3 (VRU1AOC3) Android Lollipop firmware on US Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925V
- Use the Power Off option to turn your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925V off.
- Now boot into the Download Mode, press these three buttons at the same time; Volume Down + Home + Power.
- Keep the buttons pressed till your phone shows up a Warning screen like this, then to continue just use the Volume Up.
- You can now open Odin, simply click the exe file to launch it.
- You can now connect your Samsung Galaxy S6 to your computer.
- Added!!! will appear on the message box indicating Odin has managed detecting your phone,
- Utilize the AP (For Odin3 v3.09) or PDA (For Odin3 v3.07) button to find the firmware file you downloaded earlier to your computer.
- Start the installation using the Start button -- be sure you check the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options if they are selected, then click the Start button.
- When the firmware has been installed to your phone, Odin will display PASS message. That means your phone is now powered with VRU1AOC3.
- Unplug your phone from USB cable once you see your phone home screen after rebooting.
Fix bootloop and other errors.You did it my friend now your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925V using the official build G925VVRU1AOC3 Android Lollipop. Go check it out through About section in Settings. Hope you like the firmware. See you again in the next posts of Install Android ROM blog.
So you are stuck at animation logo / bootloop. Just perform a factory reset through recovery mode (Use the Volume Up + Home + Power) then select Wipe Data / Factory Reset option.