If you just heard the news and there is a Zenfone smartphone in your hand, then you will likely be tempted to give it a Lollipop and try the great things from Android latest version. And Asus had added the firmware on their own official website for all to download.
And here you will be guided completely to update your Asus Zenfone whether it's Zenfone 4, 4s, 5, 6 or 2. If you are interested, you might need to prepare things needed and read the preconditions below.
- Backup your Asus Zenfone data.
- The firmware can be flashed on either rooted or non-rooted Asus Zenfone.
- Your root access will be wiped out right after the Android Lollipop firmware installed.
- Make sure your Asus Zenfone is using Android KitKat, not other version like Android Jelly Bean.
- Prepare your Windows computer and a USB cable.
- Enable your USB debugging mode of your Asus Zenfone devices if you plan to download the firmware from your computer.
- Do it at your own risk, blame none but yourself for any issues might happen during or after the flashing procedures, okey?
Choose the download file based on your Asus Zenfone model and version.
How to update Asus Zenfone 4, 4s, 5, 6, 2 to Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware.
- Once you've downloaded the firmware, transfer it to your smartphone internal storage.
- When the firmware is in your internal storage, launch a file manager app installed on your phone, then see whether the firmware is there, the last name of the firmware file is user.zip, usually it is like this; "UL-ASUS_T00I-WW-22.214.171.124-user.zip" (<--Remember that's only an example).
- When the file is there, now go out from file manage then to your phone's home screen, see whether there is an update notification on the status bar like this; Update Firmware Asus Zenfone Lollipop.
- If you see it click it, then a box will ask you to confirm the update. Just confirm it to start the process (Or you can also head to Settings -> About-> System Update to check whether there is a notification there).
- The updating process will start, just wait till it's complete. Your computer will reboot. The first time reboot will take longer than usual. So just wait patiently guys.
If the update attempt was fail, your Asus Zenfone didn't update to Lollipop. Then see step 2 above, you need to extract the UL-ASUS_T00I-WW-126.96.36.199-user.zip by simply clicking the file, and then choose "extract". Once finished extracting it, just go to your phone's home screen to see the update notification from status bar.
I suggest you to put the UL-ASUS_T00I-WW-188.8.131.52-user.zip firmware file on Download folder before extracting it.