HTC One Max can now be upgraded to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop using the Mokee ROM as the unofficial software released by non HTC developers. You can flash this ROM here in case you wish your phone to be powered with Android L firmware and enjoy the material designs along with the features added in Mokee ROM.
The flashing process requires you to already have either CWM or TWRP recovery installed, in this post I use CWM but if yours is TWRP or any other non-stock recoveries, do not worry the processes are the same. You still be able to follow the full instructions written on this post.
Mokee ROM is a great ROM offering so many features to increase your experience using it, and will likely make you happy for installing it to your HTC One Max. But one thing you should know that Mokee ROM is not yet reaching its final stage, by the timw I write this post it's still in early build, therefore bugs or such should be expected.
Update Sprint HTC One Max To Android 5.1.1 L.
- Make necessary backups over your data stored in your smartphone before doing anything else.
- Be sure your HTC One Max already has CWM or TWRP recovery installed.
- Mokee ROM is not released by HTC, your warranty will be nullified as the consequence, thus you will pay HTC in case of technical service in the future.
- HTC One Max USB debugging mode should be enabled first.
- Gapps is not included. Thus we will install the Google apps separately later.
- Make sure your battery power is sufficient to perform the flashing process.
Follow the instructions below, and you will be the one held responsible, for any possible damages or bricks during or after performing the guides.
How to update HTC One Max to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with Mokee ROM
You will need the following files, download the zip files below to computer, save them on Desktop be easily found.
- Download CM 12.1 ROM zip file from Mokee (nightly) ROM For HTC One Max [Filename; MK51.1-t6-201506251756-NIGHTLY.zip].
- Download Gapps.
- Now plug your phone to a USB cable to further connect it to computer, then transfer the zip files to your smartphone sdcard (Internal storage).
- Unplug the phone from computer soon you finished transferring the files.
- Power off your phone to enter to recovery mode (HBoot), just utilize the Power and Volume Down buttons, that is all.
- When you are in the CWM recovery mode, select Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Now, choose the Wipe Cache Partition. When done, just move into Advanced menu to choose the Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Go select the Install Zip From SD Card and then Choose Zip From SD Card to find the zip file of the ROM in your HTC One Max' internal storage.
- Repeat the above step to flash the Gapps zip file.
- Utilize the *****Go Back***** option when done flashing ROM and Gapps zip files, and you need to reboot your phone, using the Reboot System Now.
- Your HTC One Max will reboot, to further load the Mokee ROM and Gapps files, just wait the process can take sometime.