Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920V can now taste a custom ROM based on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop namely CleanROM 1.5 (OE2 OTA), the ROM comes with many of features and also running smooth and fast. The developer of the ROM has put OTA update for future upgrade using system update.
If you wish to taste this ROM then you are invited to follow the full instructions here, at the end CleanROM 1.5 will empower your sixth series of Samsung Galaxy S. Anyway, just for you to know that this ROM is also considered stable. Thus you can use it as your daily driver later.
Interested? Then you are firstly recommended to peruse the following preconditions below, do it guys.
- Do not forget to make necessary backups before starting anything else.
- CleanROM is in zip file, thus to flash it you will need a custom recovery like CWM, TWRP, Phils or other recoveries. In this post I use CWM.
- You need to root your device.
- Samsung has nothing to do with the ROM, it's developed by non Samsung developer, therefore your warranty will be voided.
- Do not forget to enable Android USB debugging mode first.
- Gapps is not included here, thus you will flash it after flashing the ROM zip file, step to do so given in the instructions below.
- Prepare your USB cable and PC.
- Battery power of yours so be sufficient.
Do it at your own risk, all the responsible should be yours, not mine or the ROM developers.
Install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop CleanROM 1.5 [OE2 OTA] custom ROM on Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920V
Download the files below to your PC.
- Now plug your phone to computer to transfer the zip files (Firmware and Gapps zip files) to your phone's internal storage.
- Disconnect your phone from PC when done file transferring.
- Power off your Samsung Galaxy S6 now, boot into the recovery mode using Volume UP + Home + Power.
- When you are in the recovery mode (CWM or TWRP), perform a Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- And then perform the Wipe Cache Partition. When you finished with that, now access the Advanced mode to perform the Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Now select the Install Zip From SD Card -> Choose Zip From SD Card to get the CleanROM 1.5 zip file and then install it to your smartphone.
- Repeat the above process to install Gapps zip file.
- When all the tasks complete, *****Go Back***** -> Reboot System Now.
- Your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 will reboot and load the ROM and Gapps files together, the rebooting time will be longer, just be patient.