Well this all thanks to the Davidteri91, as the developer of the ROM also as the recognized member of XDA that makes this awesomeness comes to us. You are invited to give crDroid Android 5.1.1 Lollipop ROM a try and flash it on your own beloved Sony Xperia T2 Ultra using a custom recovery such as CWM, TWRP, Philz or any other you prefer most.
And in this post will try to guide you through the entire process of flashing the ROM to your Xperia T2 Ultra phone and you will end up enjoying every feature offered by it and if you like you can set it to be your own daily driver, and tell your friend about it, who knows they probably would flash it too to their devices.
- Surely your warranty will be voided to flash this non-stock software.
- crDroid is an AOSP based ROM therefore you need to set your phone's bootloader unlocked.
- Have already installed CWM or TWRP to your phone that's needed to flash the ROM zip file.
- Unfortunately crDroid is not armed with Gapps by default, thus you will need to install it separately.
- Sony will not approve installing this firmware, and of course the ROM was not released by Sony, instead by third-party developer.
- Your device should already be rooted.
- Enable your Sony Xperia T2 Ultra D5303 debugging mode first.
- Prepare your computer and USB cable because we need them to transfer the zip files (ROM and Gapps) to your phone later.
Perform the manual instructions here at your own risk, none should be held responsible for bricks or damages which may happen to your phone, all the responsible are yours to hold. Blame none but yourself if that really happen.Are you ready? Then let's do it guys. Come on guys!
How to install crDroid Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware on Sony Xperia T2 Ultra D5303
Download the files below to your PC.
- Transfer all the zip files to your smartphone's internal storage from your computer (Connect your smartphone to computer to transfer the zip files).
- When all zip files transferred you can now disconnect your phone from PC.
- Shut down your phone now to boot into the recovery mode; Volume UP + Home + Power.
- In the CWM recovery or other custom recovery, you need to firstly select Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Afterward you need to choose the Wipe Cache Partition. When done, you need to also choose the Wipe Dalvik Cache in Advanced Menu.
- You need now selecting the Install Zip From SD Card -> Choose Zip From SD Card then find the crDroid zip file you previously transferred to your phone's internal storage.
- Do the above step again to flash the Gapps zip file.
- Once you've done all the tasks above, you need to *****Go Back***** -> Reboot System Now.
- Now your Sony Xperia T2 will reboot, the rebooting process will be longer than usual, as it will load a new software and Gapps.