A good news just came out for all the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530FZ users worldwide (but a carrier locked phone doesn't include) because Samsung has recently poured an official update, in build number G530FZXXU1AOF1 (XXU1AOF1) bringing more optimized Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware.
The G530FZXXU1AOF1 Android 4.4.4 KitKat is not a major update, however it brings some fixes over the bugs and securities. You can of course use either Over The Air (System Update) or Samsung KIES to grab this firmware automatically, however since it's now rolling out to serve some regions thus using the automatic features will take sometime.
So if you are impatient, then you can follow the full and manual instructions to install G530FZXXU1AOF1 on your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530FZ phone right now, as the result your phone will be powered with the same Android operating system. You are welcomed to follow the guides below but please to firstly read the preconditions section first.
- You must know that G530FZXXU1AOF1 (XXU1AOF1) Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware should be flashed on Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530FZ only. Do not flash it on any other model or on a carrier locked variant.
- This firmware will get rid off your root access -- if your device is rooted of course.
- If your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime is powered with a custom ROM, then this firmware will wipe out it system partition.
- Be sure to firstly enable USB Debugging mode of Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530FZ first.
- We will use Odin in this tutorial, thus prepare your Windows based computer, a USB cable and have USB drivers installed.
- You need to also disable your Samsung KIES and antivirus software installed on your computer because these kind of software will interrupt Odin from running.
- Be sure your battery power is more than enough.
- Your smartphone will be detected by Samsung KIES after having this firmware flashed.
- Make necessary backups before start anything.
Remember to follow the instructions written on this post and all the risks are yours to take.
Download these files.
How to install G530FZXXU1AOF1 (XXU1AOF1) Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware on Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530FZ
- Shut down your smartphone completely, then boot into the Download Mode. Then press and hold these buttons altogether;Volume Down + Home + Power.
- When your phone showing a warning like in the following picture just use Volume Up to enter to that mode.
- Launch Odin now.
- Connect your smartphone to computer now.
- When you see Added!!! notification in message box then your phone's successfully detected by Odin.
- Tap the AP (For Odin3 v3.09) or tap the PDA (For Odin3 v3.07) button to further get the firmware file you previously extracted to your PC.
- Hit the Start button to begin the flashing.
- The flashing process will then take place, when it's done you will see a PASS notification on Odin, indicating the firmware was successfully flashed, you can reboot your phone now guys.
- When your phone is On, you see your phone's home screen, unplug it from computer.
Fix bootloop and other errors.Done my friend. You just finished flashing G530FZXXU1AOF1 (XXU1AOF1) Android 4.4.4 KitKat on Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530FZ. You can now enjoy every features offered by it. Check it by going to Settings -> About phone to see which OS is powering it now.
Some users reported they were stuck at animation logo (bootloop), if you experience the same, the fix is performing a factory reset. Turn off your smartphone, then enter to the recovery mode and choose Wipe Data / Factory Reset option.