The official G925FXXU2BOFL (KSA) and G925FXXU2BOFJ (XEU) bringing Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with number of improvements, changes and security fixes are available for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, you are welcome to upgrade your existing firmware version using the available updating options like OTA, Samsung KIES or using manual instructions in case you dislike to wait for its coming to automatic updates like KIES or OTA. Or perhaps your device is powered with a custom ROM and being rooted to which you will not receive any update notifications automatically.
In this post I will try to guide you through the entire process of bringing XXU2BOFL and XXU2BOFJ build firmware.
- Remember that you only install the G925FXXU2BOFL (KSA) or G925FXXU2BOFJ (XEU) Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware to International Galaxy S6 Edge G925F. Not on any other Samsung Galaxy S6 models.
- Any root access that you might have now will be wiped out by the firmware.
- Those who use a custom recovery like CWM / TWRP / Philz / etc will be replaced with a stock recovery and also if your phone is using a custom ROM will need to perform a factory reset to boot normally and the ROM system partition will be deleted.
- You will need to firstly activate USB debugging mode of your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge .
- Odin will be used on this tutorials therefore make sure you have a working Windows OS computer, a USB cable and also have installed USB drivers originally from Samsung,
- Disable both antivirus and Samsung KIES installed on your computer temporarily to avoid them interrupting Odin from working.
- The battery of your smartphone should be enough to perform the flashing procedures below.
- Do not start the procedures before making necessary backups over your existing data.
- KIES will recognize your smartphone once the firmware is fully installed.
Do it at your own risk.
Now you must download the files below to your own PC.
- Download G925FXXU2BOFL (KSA) Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware.
- Download G925FXXU2BOFJ (XEU) Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware.
- Download Odin3 v3-07 (No need to download it if you already have Odin on your computer).
How to install G925FXXU2BOFL (XXU2BOFL) and G925FXXU2BOFJ (XXU2BOFJ) Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on International Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge G925F
- Power off your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge phone now then boot into the Download Mode. When your phone is powered off, press the following buttons; Volume Down + Home + Power.
- A warning will show up to your phone's screen, release the three buttons, continue with pressing the the Volume Up to continue accessing to the download mode.
- You need to open Odin now from your computer.
- Connect your smartphone to PC using your USB cable.
- When your smartphone is detected by Odin you will then see a notification saying Added!!!.
- If that's so, you must click the AP (For Odin3 v3.09) or click the PDA (For Odin3 v3.07) button to further get the firmware file you unzipped earlier to the computer of yours.
- Click Start button on Odin to begin the installations.
- When the installation processes done, Odin will show you a notification saying PASS. In that case, you should be happy because the G925FXXU2BOFL (XXU2BOFL) and G925FXXU2BOFJ (XXU2BOFJ) Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware was successfully flashed.
- You need to restart your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge now.
Fix bootloop and other errors.Well done guys.
Sometimes your smartphone doesn't boot to normal mode, instead it's stuck at Samsung animation logo, if that's the case just turn your phone off then boot into recovery mode to further perform a factory reset (Wipe Data / Factory Reset) action to fix the problem.