The Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915V gets an official update now after Samsung recently released N915VVRU2BOF2 (VRU2BOF2) that comes with Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware with several bug-fixes and improvements to keeps the handset run the best possible to serve the need of the users.
If you have the smartphone in hand then you could probably have seen its availability on either Samsung KIES or System Update (OTA) directly from your smartphone. So you can immediately install the firmware right away automatically. But of course you have fully understood that sometimes the official firmware needs time to reach the said automatic update features.
So if you have not being notified through OTA or Samsung KIES, then you can follow the manual instructions here to install N915VVRU2BOF2 (VRU2BOF2) Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware on Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915V phone. And the process is pretty simple. If you are interested then you can start it from reading the following preconditions telling you what to do.
- Do not install the N915VVRU2BOF2 (VRU2BOF2) Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware if your handset it's not the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915V.
- If your handset is rooted, then this firmware will wipe it out.
- Those who use a custom ROM, then this firmware will erase its system partition cache.
- Do not forget to firstly enable Android USB debugging mode of your Samsung Galaxy Note Edge device first.
- We will use Odin to flash the firmware, therefore prepare your Windows based computer, USB cable and already installed USB drivers.
- Be sure to disable your Samsung KIES and antivirus program temporarily because these kind of apps will try to prevent Odin from running, re-enable them when the firmware upgrading process done, okey?
- Make sure your battery power is not less.
- Backup, backup, backup your data first guys.
- Your phone will be recognized by Samsung KIES for installing this firmware.
Remember all the risks are yours to take, so do it at your own risk, good luck guys.
Now download the following files to your computer.
How to install N915VVRU2BOF2 (VRU2BOF2) Android 5.0.1 Lollipop on Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915V
- Completely shut down your Verizon Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915V to enter to the Download Mode. Press and hold these three buttons simultaneously Volume Down + Home + Power.
- When you see a warning like this appear on your phone's screen, just use Volume Up for entering the Download Mode.
- Launch Odin you previously downloaded to your computer.
- Then connect your Samsung Galaxy Note to computer.
- Odin will show Added!!! as a notification indicating it has detected your device.
- Click the AP (For Odin3 v3.09) or click the PDA (For Odin3 v3.07) button to further find the firmware file you downloaded and unzipped to your PC.
- Click on Start button to start the firmware installation.
- When Odin has done installing the N915VVRU2BOF2 (VRU2BOF2) firmware, it will show a PASS notification indicating the firmware was successfully installed to your phone.
- Now you can reboot your phone.
Fix bootloop and other errors.
Perform a factory reset if your phone doesn't boot into normal mode. Just enter to recovery mode and you need to choose Wipe Data / Factory Reset option. And done guys. Congratulation.