Here you will learn on how to install CleanROM 1.1 [UCU1AOE2] Android 5.0.2 custom ROM on AT&T Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920A phone, this post is elaborating the complete steps to do so if you wish to install the said custom ROM then you are at the right place to do so.
Having a custom ROM is like an adventure, because we will use a software that's not developed by the device manufacture, instead the result of the Android users that are concern to add things that are absent on the stock firmware. They are users, known third-party developers, they could create their own ROM on their rooms or their office desks.
It's like taking a risk because we take the software from people we don't know living far from our content. But finally after several hours of using the ROM, we like it, then set it to be our daily driver. Isn't that amazing? You ignore the stock software to use a non-stock ROM.
- Backup your existing data is the first act you must do before doing anything unofficial like flashing a custom ROM.
- CleanROM requires you to flash a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP. I use CWM in this guide.
- Your phone should already be rooted.
- This CleanROM is an AOSP based ROM therefore you need to unlock your bootloader of your smartphone.
- CleanROM has nothing to do with Samsung, your device warranty will be nullified for flashing this ROM, you will pay for technical services in the future.
- Enable Android USB debugging mode of your Samsung Galaxy S6 first.
- There is no Gapps here, therefore we will install it separately, the files will be provided below.
- A computer and a USB cable.
- Enough battery power.
Do it at your own risk, blame none if anything run incorrectly, you are responsible.
Install CleanROM 1.1 [UCU1AOE2] Android 5.0.2 Lollipop custom ROM on AT&T Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920A
Download all the files provided below to your computer.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S6 to computer, then transfer zip files to your smartphone's internal storage.
- When all the files transferred just disconnect your phone from computer.
- Shut down your Galaxy S6, then boot into the recovery mode, use the Volume UP + Home + Power buttons (Hold and press them together).
- Inside the recovery mode (CWM or TWRP), select Wipe Data/Factory Reset option.
- Then choose the Wipe Cache Partition option. Then go to Advanced mode then choose the Wipe Dalvik Cache option.
- Now it's time to flash the zip files (ROM and Gapps zip files), choose Install Zip From SD Card -> Choose Zip From SD Card to grab the the CleanROM 1.5 zip file on your phone's internal storage and then flash it right guys.
- Perform the above step again to flash Gapps zip file.
- When the zip files above flashed successfully, then *****Go Back***** -> Reboot System Now.
- Done, your smartphone will take reboot, just wait.