You are invited to install it using any available features like KIES or OTA. Or you can also use the manual installation written from this post.
The G900VVRU2BOE1 Android 5.0 Lollipop brings bug-fixes and performance improvements designed to make sure your smartphone running as fast as possible.
And if you dislike to wait your turn for its availability on System Update on your device or in Samsung KIES. Then you should read the full instructions from this post to bring the firmware to your phone. However you are recommended to read the following preconditions section first in order to make use everything will be okey.
- G900VVRU2BOE1 Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware is for Verizon Galaxy S5 SM-N900V phone only.
- Remember that this firmware will wipe out your root access.
- Your existing custom ROM, will be substituted with a stock recovery image.
- Any custom ROM's system partition will be deleted.
- Odin will be utilized therefore prepare your Windows computer, a USB cable and have installed a USB drivers.
- Enable your USB debugging mode first.
- Make backup first. Do not skip this.
- Samsung KIES will continue recognizing your Samsung Galaxy S5.
The zip files below are needed to be downloaded based on your network.
- USA (Verizon) G900VVRU2BOE1_G900VVZW2BOE1_VZW.
- Download Odin3 v3-09 (No need to re-download it if you already have it on your PC).
How to update Samsung Galaxy Alpha SM-G850F to G850FXXU2COF4 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware
- Press and hold these three buttons at the same time Volume Down + Home + Power after your phone is turned off to enter to Download Mode.
- When your phone shows Warning notification, just release the buttons, then press Volume Up to access the Download Mode.
- When your phone is in Download Mode, just open Odin from your computer.
- Connect your phone now after Odin is opened.
- If Odin has managed to detected your phone, it will show the Added!!! notification on the message box.
- Click AP (For Odin3 v3.09 or newer) or click PDA (For Odin3 v3.07) button to get the .tar.md5 extension stored on your PC.
- Press the Start button to start the installations.
- PASS word will appear, that means Odin has successfully installed the G900VVRU2BOE1 Android 5.0 Lollipop on US Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone.
- Reboot the Samsung Galaxy S5 of yours now.
Fix bootloop and other errors.Done. Now you have updated your phone software. See you again in the next posts of Install Android ROM blog.
If you face bootloop, just perform a factory reset through Recovery Mode, but you should have backups before doing os.