But you can also install the release manually by downloading the firmware and then use Odin tool to flash the firmware. The choice is yours to take. But since you are here reading this page, that means you opt for the manual installations. And lucky you because this post does contain the installation guides for you.
And this firmware doesn't require you to root your smartphone or have a custom recovery installed, but it's not a custom ROM, instead it's the official stock software created, developed and released by Samsung itself as the manufacturer of the software. And yes it will restore your Kernel to which make your root access disappear.
- Remember to only install the G531FXXU1AOF7 firmware on the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime VE SM-G531F phone only.
- As I mentioned above, this firmware will flush away your root access and your ROM system partitions if your phone is powered with a custom ROM.
- Your existing custom recovery will be substituted with a stock recovery image.
- Prepare your USB cable, Windows OS computer and USB drivers because we will use Odin tool.
- Make sure your smartphone's Andriod USB debugging mode is enabled before connecting it to your computer.
- And the Samsung KIES and antivirus software installed on your pc should be disabled for awhile to prevent them interrupting Odin from running.
- Make backups guys.
- Your batter power should already be charged.
- Samsung KIES will continue detecting your smartphone after the firmware is fully flashed.
Remember you are invited to follow the manual instructions and not being forced to do so, so do it at your own risk, okey?
The following are the firmware and Odin files, download them now, put them on Desktop to be easily found.
- Download G531FXXU1AOF7 (XXU1AOF7) Android 5.1.1 Lollipop build firmware.
- Download Odin3 v3-07 (No need to re-download Odin, if you already have it on your PC, okey?).
How to install G531FXXU1AOF7 (XXU1AOF7) Android 5.1.1 on Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime VE SM-G531F
- Boot your smartphone to the Download Mode, turn it off first, then press and hold these three buttons altogether Volume Down + Home + Power.
- When you see a warning about entering the Download Mode, like in the below image, release the three buttons then press Volume Up to enter it.
- While your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime VE is in Download Mode, you need to launch Odin from your computer, see the image.
- You can connect your smartphone to computer now.
- Added!!! word will appear in the message box indicating Odin can detect your smartphone.
- Now use the AP (For Odin3 v3.09 or newer) or click the PDA (For Odin3 v3.07) button to get the firmware file (With .tar.md5 extension).
- Click the Start button to start the installations.
- PASS notification will show up meaning the appear, indicating the G531FXXU1AOF7 (XXU1AOF7) Android 5.1.1 Lollipop build was installed successfully on your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime VE SM-G531F phone.
- Now you can reboot your phone to finish the flashing procedures.
Fix bootloop and other errors.Finish.
Who knows you might end up in bootloop to which your phone is unable to boot normally (In normal mode) in that case perform a factory reset via Recovery Mode.