And remember for those who have their smartphone rooted, this firmware will wipe out your root access and so your custom recovery image (If your phone has one) will then be replaced with the official and stock recovery image. One more thing, those who have a custom ROM running and powering their phone will find out that their system partition cache be deleted.
And since this firmware is released and developed by Samsung itself, thus will restore your Kernel and bring back your device's warranty (For rooted and custom ROM powered device). And of course you can utilize the available automatic features like Samsung KIES or OTA update, but if you haven't being notified through those features then you can follow the manual instructions from this post.
- Please make necessarry backups first.
- Prepare your working Windows, USB cable, and also USB drivers.
- Enable Android USB debugging mode first. Because you'll need that mode enabled in order to bridge the connection between your Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini and your computer.
- Do not forget to follow the instructions entirely and do not skip anything or else you will fail to flash it.
- Perform the instructions here and all the risks are yours to take.
- Backup all the data you regard important.
Download the following zip files to your PC and then unzip them
- Argentina G800MUBU1AOG1_G800MUUB1AOG1_ARO.
- Uruguay G800MUBU1AOG1_G800MUUB1AOG1_UPO.
- Trinidad and Tobago G800MUBU1AOG1_G800MUUB1AOG1_TTT.
- Download Odin3 v3-09 (No need to re-download it if you already have it on your PC).
How to update Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini SM-G800M to G800MUBU1AOG1 Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- You must boot into the Download Mode by turning off your smartphone and then press these three buttons altogether; Volume Down + Home + Power.
- Keep them pressed until you see the following warning, then release those buttons, and then press Volume Up to access to the Download Mode.
- Now open Odin on computer while your Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini in the Download Mode.
- Now connect your phone to computer to let Odin detecting it.
- When Odin managed to detect your smartphone you will find Added!!! notification in message box.
- Now click AP (For Odin3 v3.09 or newer) or click PDA (For Odin3 v3.07) button to get the firmware file (.tar.md5 extension) from your PC.
- When everything is set, just click the Start button for the firmware installation procedure to get started.
- PASS notification will show up notifying you that the firmware was successfully installed to your phone.
- Reboot your smartphone.
Fix bootloop and other errors.Done.
If you find the situation that your smartphone is bootloop, then you need to perform a factory reset / wipe data cache. Finish.