However if your Samsung Galaxy S6 is rooted then you probably won't see any available system update notifications through either KIES or OTA. That's what this post is all about, providing your a complete instructions to manually install G920IDVU1AOD1 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on your Galaxy S6 SM-G930I phone.
If you are interested, then you can continue reading the post starting with the following preconditions telling you what to do.
- Be sure your device is Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920I to install G920IDVU1AOD1 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop.
- Installing G920IDVU1AOD1 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop will get rid off your root access if yours is rooted.
- This firmware will also replace your existing custom recovery (If your device using it) with a stock recovery.
- If your Galaxy S6 is powered with a custom ROM, then this firmware will wipe out its system partitions.
- Odin will be used therefore prepare your Windows based PC, USB cable, and already installed USB drivers originally from Samsung.
- Be sure to temporarily deactivate both your KIES and antivirus software installed on your computer, as these kind of software can interrupt Odin from running, deactivate them afterward.
- You need to also enable your device's USB debugging mode.
- Don't forget to see your battery power, if it's so low, charge it first.
- Samsung KIES will continue recognizing your device once the firmware installed.
After you have fully understood all the points listed on the above preconditions let's get started.
Download the following files beforehand.
- India G920IDVU1AOD1_G920IODD1AOD1_INU.
- Singapore G920IDVU1AOD1_G920IOLC1AOD1_XSP.
- Saudi Arabia G920IDVU1AOD1_G920IKSA1AOCE_KSA.
- New Zealand G920IDVU1AOD1_G920INZC1AOD1_NZC.
- New Zealand G920IDVU1AOD1_G920ITNZ1AOD1_TNZ.
- Download Odin3 v3-07 (If in your computer has Odin, then no need to download it again, just skip this).
How to install G920IDVU1AOD1 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920I
- Boot to the Download Mode. To enter to that mode, you must turn off your device completely and then press these three combinations keys together; Volume Down + Home + Power.
- When a Warning shows up on your phone's screen just press and hold the Volume Up to get yourself into that mode.
- Now open up Odin tool you downloaded earlier to your computer.
- When the tool is opened just connect your phone to PC.
- Added!!! then appear on message box in Odin, that means your Samsung Galaxy S6 is detected by Odin tool.
- Now use the AP (For Odin3 v3.09 or newer) or click the PDA (For Odin3 v3.07) button then search for the .tar.md5 extension based firmware file on your computer.
- When the firmware found just click Start button to begin the manual installation.
- PASS notification will appear, that means Odin has flashed the the G920IDVU1AOD1 Android 5.0.2 to your Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920I smart device.
- Restart is required now to finish the whole installation procedure.
Fix bootloop and other errors.Awesome friends it's done now.
During the rebooting process, your phone could be stuck at animation logo or bootloop, to fix that just perform a factory reset via Recovery Mode and the bootloop will be fixed once and for all guys and make sure you have backups before doing that.