So since you are here that means you for somehow unable to use OTA or KIES, or because don't get notification because your device's rooted and powered with a custom ROM, or simply impatient to wait its rolling to your region. Whatever reasons you might have, let it be yours, my part is only to guide you through the manual installation of the N900W8VLU2DOD1 to your device.
But before we proceed to the complete guides, let's provide a time to read the following preconditions first, will you guys?
- Be sure your device is Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900W8, because this firmware is designed only to that 5.7 inches device.
- If your device's rooted, then your root access will be gone right after the firmware is fully installed (You can root N900W8VLU2DOD1 Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware).
- If your device is using a custom ROM, like CyanogenMod, AOSP, etc, their system partitions will be deleted.
- If your device has a custom recovery installed, then it will be replaced with a stock recovery image.
- Do not forget to prepare your Windows OS computer, a USB cable, and have updated to the latest USB drivers version from Samsung.
- Odin will be used, thus be sure you temporarily disable both your KIES and antivirus software installed on your PC.
- We will connect you device to computer, thus be sure you have set USB debugging mode enabled, before doing that.
- Make backup over your existing data, especially to those using a custom ROM, because you will be required to perform a factory reset.
- Make sure your device's battery has enough power, never experience a sudden shut down during the firmware flashing process, charge your device.
- Good luck and proceed at your own risk.
These are the files you are required to download to your computer.
- Download N900W8VLU2DOD1 Android 5.0 Lollipop (VLU2DOD1) firmware.
- Download Odin3 v3-07 (If in your computer has Odin, then no need to download it again, just skip this).
How to install install N900W8VLU2DOD1 Android 5.0 Lollipop (VLU2DOD1) firmware on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900W8
- Turn off your phoneblet, then boot into the Download Mode. When it's completely turned off, press the three buttons at the same time; Volume Down + Home + Power.
- Don't release the three buttons, keep them pressed, when you see a warning like these; release them and then use Volume Up to access the mode.
- When you phone is in Download Mode, you need to launch Odin from your computer.
- Then connect your phoneblet to computer for Odin to detecting it.
- Added!!! will appears on message box, that means your phoneblet was successfully detected.
- Tap the AP (For Odin3 v3.09 or newer) or tap the PDA (For Odin3 v3.07) button then search the firmware you downloaded and unzipped earlier, it has the .tar.md5 extension.
- Then click the Start button to begin the firmware flashing.
- PASS notification will then appear indicating that the N900W8VLU2DOD1 Android 5.0 Lollipop (VLU2DOD1) firmware has been successfully flashed to your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 phoneblet.
- Reboot your device because it's needed to complete the process.
Fix bootloop and other errors.Done. And congratulation guys. Hope you like the firmware.
Just perform a factory reset through recovery mode (Turn off your device, then press Volume Up + Home + Power buttons, to boot into recovery mode). When you are in the mode, just select the Wipe Data / Factory Reset. Make sure you have backups before taking this procedure.