But of course using those automatic features can take sometime because you are waiting in queue for your turn to come. Therefore, you need a manual installations as alternative. And this post will be your friend to do so. We will provide the firmware file and also Odin to flash it on your Sprint based Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915P.
If you are interested, then you can read the full instructions below, but before doing so please to read the preconditions first.
- Make sure you only flash the N915PVPU4COFE Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Sprint Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915P only.
- Be sure you have a working computer based on Windows operating system because the manual instructions using Odin tool that only supports Windows.
- Be sure you disabled both your antivirus and Samsung KIES software for temporary.
- If your device is rooted then this firmware will restore it, also if you use a custom recovery then it will be replaced with a stock recovery image.
- And do not forget to firstly enable your Android USB debugging mode.
- Samsung KIES will continue recognizing your smartphone.
- One more thing, if your device is powered with a custom ROM then this firmware will erase its system partitions.
- Do not skip any step, follow them entirely, or else you will likely fail to install the firmware.
- Sprint (CDMA) N915PVPU4COFE_N915PSPT4COFE_SPR.
- Download Odin3 v3-09 (No need to re-download it if you already have it on your PC).
How to update Sprint Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915P to N915PVPU4COFE Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware
- Now you need to enter to the Download Mode. Do so by firstly turning off your device then press and hold these keys at the same time; Volume Down + Home + Power.
- Keep those keys pressed and when you see the warning below, just use the Volume Up to enter your phone to the Download Mode.
- Within the Download Mode, do not do anything. Instead to your computer to open / launch the Odin tool.
- After Odin is launched, then connect your smartphone to computer.
- Odin will try to recognize your smartphone, and if it does you will then see Added!!! notification appear on the message box.
- Then click the AP (For Odin3 v3.09 or newer) or click the PDA (For Odin3 v3.07) button to further find the .tar.md5 extension firmware you previously stored on computer.
- Click the Start button and leave other options unchecked to begin the flashing process.
- PASS word will appear indicating that the N915PVPU4COFE Android 5.1.1 Lollipop was successfully installed on your beloved Sprint Samsung Note Edge.
- Now you must restart your phone if it's not automatically restarting.
Fix bootloop and other errors.Finish and now you can enjoy the N915PVPU4COFE Android 5.1.1 firmware adorning your Samsung Galaxy Note Edge.
You must perform a factory reset to deal with the problem. Make sure you already have backups before doing so.