Samsung Galaxy Alpha SM-G850F phone gets an official update namely G850FXXU2COF4 bringing Android 5.0.2 Lollipop with bug-fixes and improvements. You should get this firmware now, automatic features like Samsung KIES or OTA update can be used for this purpose. And once this firmware installed on your phone you will notice your device performance will be improved and run faster.
However since this firmware is serving number of regions worldwide thus its availibility on either KIES or OTA could take sometime, therefor it's recommended for those who are impatient to use the manual installations and this post is designed for that purpose. So guys you can prepare everything needed to flash G850FXXU2COF4 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on your Samsung Galaxy Alpha SM-G850F phone.
But before doing so you are recommended to firstly read the following preconditions.
- Be sure to install the G850FXXU2COF4 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware on the Samsung Galaxy Alpha SM-G850F phone only.
- Do not forget that installing this firmware will delete your root access.
- And if your phone uses a custom recovery, then this firmware will replace it with a stock recovery image.
- As for those who use custom ROMs then this firmware will erase its system partition.
- Since we will use Odin, then make sure you have a working Windows computer, a USB cable and have installed a USB drivers.
- Make sure you firstly enable your USB debugging mode first.
- Make backup first.
- Samsung KIES will continue detecting your Samsung Galaxy Alpha.
The zip files below are needed to be downloaded based on your network.
- Romania (Vodafone) G850FXXU2COF4_G850FVFGCOE3_CNX.
- Italy (Vodafone) G850FXXU2COF4_G850FVFGCOE3_OMN.
- Bulgaria (MTL) G850FXXU2COF4_G850FVFGCOE3_MTL.
- Download Odin3 v3-09 (No need to re-download it if you already have it on your PC).
How to update Samsung Galaxy Alpha SM-G850F to G850FXXU2COF4 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy Alpha SM-G850F completely, and when it's turned off boot into the Download Mode, by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power together.
- When you see the warning like in the image below then release all the three buttons, continue with pressing the Volume Up to enter to the Download Mode.
- Within the Download Mode, then Odin from your PC.
- After Odin is opened, then connect your Samsung Galaxy Alpha to PC.
- Your smartphone will be detected by Odin, the tool will display Added!!! notification on the message box indicating the tool has recognized your phone.
- Just click AP (For Odin3 v3.09 or newer) or click PDA (For Odin3 v3.07) button to find the .tar.md5 extension based firmware on your PC.
- Now you can use Start button and leave other options unchecked to begin the firmware flashing process.
- PASS word come up, that means that Odin has successfully installed the VPU2BOF7 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop on your Samsung Galaxy Alpha SM-G850F phone.
- Reboot your phone.
Fix bootloop and other errors.Finish my friend you just upgraded your smartphone software to the more stable and fast stock ROM and enjoy it guys.
When your phone is unable to boot into the normal mode instead it's stuck at animation logo, just perform a factory reset via Recovery Mode, done.