VPU2BOF7 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware is released recently for Sprint Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925P, the firmware is delivering everything good for the smartphone. Thus anyone with the smartphone in hand should not ignore this significant update instead to grab it right away and to further let it powering the phone of yours guys.
And the VPU2BOF7 should be available on System Update (OTA) directly from your phone or on Samsung KIES (By simply connecting your phone to computer), and or you can install it manually. The post you are reading now covering the complete step by step to do so. So if you have not been notified via the automatic utilities like OTA or KIES, then you can take the manual and full installations procedures from this post.
And remember that before you proceed to the full instructions you are recommended to firstly read the following preconditions sections.
- VPU2BOF7 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop should only be installed on the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925P phone, do not install it on any other Galaxy S6 models.
- Remember that the VPU2BOF7 firmware will restore your device's Kernel, in other word your root access will be gone.
- Remember that your existing custom recovery, if you have one, will be replaced with a stock recovery image that comes with this firmware.
- Your custom ROM's system partition will also be deleted (If yours is powered with a cutom ROM).
- You need to also enable your Sprint Galaxy S6 Edge's USB debugging mode first.
- Remember you need to have a working Windows computer, USB cable, and have USB drivers installed.
- Be sure you firstly create necessary backups before you proceed.
- Samsung KIES will continue recognizing your phone once this firmware installed.
- It's advised to disable your KIES and antivirus program installed on your computer to prevent them interrupting Odin from running.
Now download the following zip files.
- Sprint (CDMA) G925PVPU2BOF7_G925PSPT2BOF7_SPR.
- Download Odin3 v3-09 (No need to re-download it if you already have it on your PC).
How to update Sprint Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925P to VPU2BOF7 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware
- Now completely power off your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, then boot into the Download Mode, do so by pressing and holding these three buttons altogether; Volume Down + Home + Power.
- When you see a warning before entering the Download Mode like in the following image, just release the three buttons, then press the Volume Up to get your phone to the Download Mode.
- Inside the Download Mode, do nothing. Now open Odin from your computer.
- When Odin is opened, connect your smartphone to computer now.
- Odin will then try to detect your phone when it's detected, you will see Added!!! notification on the message box.
- You must now click the AP (For Odin3 v3.09 or newer) or click the PDA (For Odin3 v3.07) button to get the .tar.md5 extension based firmware from your computer.
- Click the Start button and leave other options unchecked to start the installation.
- PASS word come up telling us that the VPU2BOF7 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop has been successfully flashed on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge smartphone of yours.
- Reboot your smartphone it's needed.
Fix bootloop and other errors.Done my friend as you just managed installing the G920PVPU2BOF7 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware on Sprint Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphone. You can now enjoy whatever the firmware is offering for you.
Just perform a factory reset to fix the animation logo or bootloop when trying to boot into the normal mode.