Or you can also manually install VLU1BOD7 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy Alpha SM-G850W phone, this method is usually used if we don't receive any notifications from neither OTA or Samsung KIES. The whole process are elaborated and written on this post for you to follow. So firstly read the following preconditions before begin.
Make sure you make necessary backups before doing anything.
- The firmware should only be installed on the Samsung Galaxy Alpha SM-G850W phone.
- The root access your device might have will be erased by this firmware.
- The custom recovery image your phone might have will be replaced with a stock recovery.
- This process requires you to use a Windows PC and a USB cable.
- So be sure that you have enabled your Samsung Galaxy Alpha USB Debugging mode.
- Backup all data you regard so precious.
- Do not skip any steps..
- Download G850WVLU1BOD7 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop firmware.
- Download Odin3 v3-07 (If in your computer has Odin, then no need to download it again, just skip this).
How to install G850WVLU1BOD7 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on the Samsung Galaxy Alpha SM-G850W
- Now enter to download mode, use the Volume Down + Home + Power keys after your device's fully turned off.
- When a warning message appears on your phone's screen, just press Volume Up.
- Launch Odin when your Samsung Galaxy Alpha is in Download Mode.
- Now plug your phone to computer so Odin can detect it.
- Added!!! notification can be seen on the message box indicating that Odin has successfully detected your phone.
- Click the AP (For Odin3 v3.09 or newer) or tap the PDA (For Odin3 v3.07) button to find the firmware extension; .tar.md5 to be flashed on your phone.
- Click Start button for Odin to start flashing the G850WVLU1BOD7 firmware on your phone.
- PASS notification (See the screenshot below) indicating that the firmware was flashed.
- Restart your Samsung Galaxy Alpha SM-G850W device.
Fix bootloop and other errors.Finish my friend.
To deal with the problem you can perform a factory reset.