G928IDVU1AOGK / DVU1AOGK Android 5.1.1 Lollipop is released this week to serve update for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928I. If that's your device then you should install this official firmware, as it is bringing number of fixes for a certain bugs and improvements. You can install the firmware through OTA or Samsung KIES. But if you prefer the manual installation follow the complete guides written on this post. That will bring the same firmware to your phone. But keep in mind doing this will make your root access gone (If your device is rooted).
- This firmware is designed only for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928I phone.
- Be sure your Windows OS computer and USB cable are working fine as we will use them.
- Do not forget to firstly enable your Android debugging mode first.
- Make backups for all the data you regard important before proceeding.
- Do it at your own risk guys.
How to update Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928I to G928IDVU1AOGK / DVU1AOGK Android 5.1.1 LollipopDownload these files then unzip them.
- G928IDVU1AOGK / DVU1AOGK Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
- Download Odin3 v3-09 if you haven't downloaded it before.
- Now turn off your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928I then boot it into Download Mode.
- When your Samsung Galaxy S6 is in Download Mode then launch Odin tool.
- Connect your device to computer, then Odin will try to identify your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928I.
- If Odin successfully identified your device, it will show Added!!! notification, see below picture.
- Now click AP (If you use Odin3 v3.09 or newer) or click PDA (If you use Odin3 v3.07) button to search the firmware file you unzipped previously on computer of yours.
- Now click Start button to start the installation.
- PASS notification will show up.
- Restart the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus SM-G928I phone to complete the flashing process.
Fix bootloop and other errors.You did it guys. Congratulations. See you again in the next posts of Install Android ROMS blog.
To fix bootloop, then what you need to do is performing a factory reset, done.