Here you can follow the universal guides to update Samsung Galaxy Note 5, the purpose of this tutorials is to guide people who own that great device upgrading their software version to the latest version. As we know Samsung is considered very diligent in delivering software updates, so knowing how to do it is a must skill you need to expert. And thank God, Samsung has provided various methods that are all easy for us to perform.
There are two most used methods to update to the newer versions, the first one is using System Update or known OTA. This method is the most less effort a user can use, however it takes a strong and stable internet connection as you will download the entire firmware files.
And the second method, we can use manual installations. This method requires you to have Odin, a computer based on Windows, a USB cable and also enabling your device USB debugging mode.
If you have all the requirements then you are good to go.
Universal guides to update Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
1. First method updating Samsung Galaxy Note 5 using OTA.
- Turn on your device, then go to Settings.
- And then Menu -> About Phone.
- Here you can check your software version.
- Then select the Search for Updates.
- If there is an update then you will be asked for performing update with OTA.
- Then do what you are told from screen instructions.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your Samsung Galaxy Note 5.
- Prepare your Windows OS PC and USB cable.
- Temporarily disable your Windows's antivirus program and Samsung KIES.
- Download Odin.
- Download the firmware file you wish to update to.
- Follow the steps entirely guys.
- Now turn off your device, then enter to Download Mode (Follow the guides to enter to Download Mode on Samsung Galaxy Note 5).
- Once your device's in Download Mode, then launch Odin you downloaded earlier, when Odin is opened then connect your Galaxy Note 5 to PC.
- Let Odin detect your device, when it has managed to detect your device, you will see Added!!! notification.
- Then click on AP (For Odin3 v3.09 or newer) or tap the PDA (For Odin3 v3.07) button to further get the firmware file you previously unzipped to your PC. .tar.md5 is the extension of the firmware file. Remember that guys.
- Now click Start button on Odin and leave other options untouched.
- The flashing process will begin, just wait till it's completely done, once it's done just reboot your device.
To fix bootloop.
In case your device is experiencing bootloop to which it's unable to boot normally just perform a factory reset through recovery mode.