And today we will guide you to perform a hard reset action on Sony Xperia Z series.
Things to note.
- Remember this action will entirely wipe out your data, except those who came preinstalled from your device's manufacturers or carrier.
- Thus to avoid you are suffering of losing your precious data, I highly recommend you to firstly make necessary backups, do not skip this one.
- Again the errors or issues you wish to get rid off can be done with simply performing a hard reset or factory reset.
Do not be stranger to also read about how to unlock bootloader on any Sony Xperia devices.
Once you finished the procedures you will have a device with original settings like when you bought it for the first time.
First method to hard reset Sony Xperia Z using Settings.
- Power on your device.
- Then head to Settings -> Backup & reset -> Factory Data Reset -> Reset Phone -> Erase everything.
- Confirm the action to start the hard reset process.
Second method to hard Reset Sony Xperia Z via Recovery.
This method is a bit complicate as it requires you to access recovery mode of your Android Xperia Z device. The steps as follow.
- Now turn on your device if it's off.
- Then when a LED light become pink, then immediately press Volume Don or Up repeatedly.
- When you are on the Recovery Mode. Select the Wipe Data / Factory Reset. Use Volume keys to navigate and Power / Volume Up to select the option.
- Select the Yes -- delete all user data using Volume Up / Power.
- Then select Reboot System Now to restart your Sony Xperia Z.
The third method is the easiest one to bring back your Sony Xperia Z to its manufacturer's settings.
- Open the phone app from your Sony Xperia Z.
- Then type the following combination keys; *#*#7378423#*#*.
- Then dial up.
- You will get a menu, within it you need to select customization settings and then the reset customization.
- Confirm from the notification saying "data will be cleared and factory data reset will perform".
- Confirm it by pressing reset customization and reboot.
- So patient for the process to be done.