When we encounter errors and issues toward our smartphone, we don't know how to fix it, don't plonk it. You can perform a hard reset to fix problems such as bootloop, lag, battery drain, force close errors, screen freeze, and other issues that prevent you to use your device like you use to.
And today we will guide you to perform a hard reset action on Sony Xperia Z series.
Things to note.
- Remember this action will entirely wipe out your data, except those who came preinstalled from your device's manufacturers or carrier.
- Thus to avoid you are suffering of losing your precious data, I highly recommend you to firstly make necessary backups, do not skip this one.
- Again the errors or issues you wish to get rid off can be done with simply performing a hard reset or factory reset.
Do not be stranger to also read about how to unlock bootloader on any Sony Xperia devices.
Once you finished the procedures you will have a device with original settings like when you bought it for the first time.
First method to hard reset Sony Xperia Z using Settings.
- Power on your device.
- Then head to Settings -> Backup & reset -> Factory Data Reset -> Reset Phone -> Erase everything.
- Confirm the action to start the hard reset process.
Second method to hard Reset Sony Xperia Z via Recovery.
This method is a bit complicate as it requires you to access recovery mode of your Android Xperia Z device. The steps as follow.
- Now turn on your device if it's off.
- Then when a LED light become pink, then immediately press Volume Don or Up repeatedly.
- When you are on the Recovery Mode. Select the Wipe Data / Factory Reset. Use Volume keys to navigate and Power / Volume Up to select the option.
- Select the Yes -- delete all user data using Volume Up / Power.
- Then select Reboot System Now to restart your Sony Xperia Z.
The third method is the easiest one to bring back your Sony Xperia Z to its manufacturer's settings.
- Open the phone app from your Sony Xperia Z.
- Then type the following combination keys; *#*#7378423#*#*.
- Then dial up.
- You will get a menu, within it you need to select customization settings and then the reset customization.
- Confirm from the notification saying "data will be cleared and factory data reset will perform".
- Confirm it by pressing reset customization and reboot.
- So patient for the process to be done.