Xperia Z users are invited to give a PureX custom ROM a try, however do not expect a Android Marshmallow but this unofficial software doesn't offer that newest Android version, instead you will enjoy the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop software along with the additional features added by the developers of the ROM guys.
If you think that your Sony Xperia Z smartphone deserves to run a new software. Then I invite you to follow the instructions here.
- I should remind you that only flash the PureX custom ROM on Sony Xperia Z, do not flash it on any other devices, except you are told by trusted sources.
- You also are recommended to firstly backup your current data.
- You need to also enable your device's USB debugging mode and have unlocked its bootloader.
- Remember that Sony itself doesn't recommend you to flash any software from outside their arsenal, therefore, your warranty will likely be voided.
- Your Sony Xperia Z should already be powered with a CWM recovery.
- A root access is required to follow the instructions from here.
- Follow the instructions here entirely and do not skip any steps.
- All the risks are yours to take.
Instructions on how to update Sony Xperia Z to Android 5.1.1 PureX Lollipop ROM.
- You must now transfer the PureX zip file from your computer to your Sony Xperia Z.
- When done, just unplug your smartphone from USB cable, then go to step 3 below guys.
- Now boot into the recovery mode (CWM) by powering off your phone then powering on while your fingers pressing these buttons; Volume UP + Home + Power.
- Inside the CWM mode just select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- When you are within the Wipe Cache Partition. You can continue choosing Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Now you must select the Install Zip From SD Card -> Choose Zip From SD Card and then search and find the PureX ROM zip file and if found then install the ROM zip file guys.
- When done you can *****Go Back***** -> Reboot System Now.
- Now reboot your device guys.
- You did it.