If you think that your Sony Xperia Z smartphone deserves to run a new software. Then I invite you to follow the instructions here.
- I should remind you that only flash the PureX custom ROM on Sony Xperia Z, do not flash it on any other devices, except you are told by trusted sources.
- You also are recommended to firstly backup your current data.
- You need to also enable your device's USB debugging mode and have unlocked its bootloader.
- Remember that Sony itself doesn't recommend you to flash any software from outside their arsenal, therefore, your warranty will likely be voided.
- Your Sony Xperia Z should already be powered with a CWM recovery.
- A root access is required to follow the instructions from here.
- Follow the instructions here entirely and do not skip any steps.
- All the risks are yours to take.
Instructions on how to update Sony Xperia Z to Android 5.1.1 PureX Lollipop ROM.
- You must now transfer the PureX zip file from your computer to your Sony Xperia Z.
- When done, just unplug your smartphone from USB cable, then go to step 3 below guys.
- Now boot into the recovery mode (CWM) by powering off your phone then powering on while your fingers pressing these buttons; Volume UP + Home + Power.
- Inside the CWM mode just select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- When you are within the Wipe Cache Partition. You can continue choosing Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Now you must select the Install Zip From SD Card -> Choose Zip From SD Card and then search and find the PureX ROM zip file and if found then install the ROM zip file guys.
- When done you can *****Go Back***** -> Reboot System Now.
- Now reboot your device guys.
- You did it.