Samsung Galaxy 56 Edge G925F can be updated to G925FXXU3COI9 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, perhaps this update is disappointing for the device owners for them expecting that Samsung would release the Android 6.0 Marshmallow officially, but just for you to know that the reason behind of this release is because that Samsung KNOX is demanding for a better and secure operating system running that's why the stock release now to respond the demand.
And if you wish to update then you can simply launch the Over The Air utility directly from your device or just plug your phone to computer for the Samsung KIES do its job. And if you have not being notified by neither OTA nor Samsung KIES. Then you are invited to follow the full instructions from this post
However be sure you firstly read the following preparations points written on this post.
- The G925FXXU3COI9 should be installed only on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge G925F phone.
- Remember if your device's rooted then this firmware will wipe out your root access.
- And so if your device is now using a custom recovery image then it will be replaced with a stock recovery.
- And if your device is powered with a custom ROM then this firmware will delete its cache partitions.
- Do not forget to make necessary backups before proceeding because if your device is stuck at bootloop then you will need to perform a factory reset.
- Do not forget to enable your Samsung Galaxy S5 Edge's USB debugging mode.
- Make sure your Windows OS PC, USB cable and USB drivers are ready to use.
Download and extract the files below to your PC.
- Download G925FXXU3COI9 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware.
- Download Odin3 v3-09 (You don't need to re-download Odin if you have done before).
Tutorials to install G925FXXU3COI9 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop stock on the Samsung Galaxy 56 Edge G925F
- Remember power off your Galaxy S6 Edge then boot into the Download Mode, by pressing and holding these three keys; Volume Down + Home + Power do not release those keys.
- When you see a following Warning on your device then tap the Volume Up to continue entering the mode (Or you can see the full instructions to enter download mode on Galaxy Note 3).
- When your device's in Download Mode, then go to your computer, then open Odin by clicking it.
- Get your USB cable now to connect the Samsung Galaxy 56 Edge G925F of yours to your PC.
- Added!!! notification will then show up on your message box indicating that Odin has successfully recognized your phone.
- Now click the AP (For Odin3 v3.09 or newer) or you can click PDA (For Odin3 v3.07) button to search the extracted firmware inside your PC. Usually the file is wrapped with with .tar.md5 extension.
- Now you can click the Start button to for the firmware installation processes to begin.
- PASS notification (See the picture below guys) will appear telling you that the installation process was successfully done.
- You can now reboot your Android based smartphone now.
Fix bootloop and other errors.Awesome guys you just updated your Samsung Galaxy 56 Edge G925F to G925FXXU3COI9 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop stock firmware. You can check it by simply going to About Phone then see what's firmware powering your device. Hope you find this post useful. See you again.
Simply enter to Recovery Mode then perform a Factory Reset to fix bootloop.