Nexus 7 2012 can now be updated to Android 6.0.1 AOSP that will deliver the full Marshmallow experience and the sweet features packed neatly within the ROM. Since the Nexus 7 2012 is considered power enough to run the most latest and sophisticated Android 6.0.1, then ROM developers decide to develop a ROM that support the device.
If you think that your Nexus 7 should be updated to the latest software version, then this AOSP ROM should be considered, and read preconditions.
Are you ready?
- You need to root your device before proceeding.
- Your device should already be powered CWM recovery.
- Backup every data you consider important.
- Be sure that you follow every step written on the how to section below without skipping any steps.
- You need to also enable your USB debugging mode first.
- Your device's warranty will be nullified for installing this firmware.
- Good luck guys.
And of course every risks are yours to bear.The following are the files you must download to your PC.
Instructions on how to install Android 6.0.1 AOSP on Nexus 7 (2012) ROM on Nexus 7 (2012).
- Now transfer all the files to your Nexus 7 2012 from your computer.
- After that unplug your Nexus 7 from computer.
- Boot your Nexus 7 to bootloader mode now by simply pressing the; Volume UP + Down + Power.
- Within the Bootloader mode go to recovery mode and then choose the Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- Now you can choose the Wipe Cache Partition. After that, continue your step with selecting the Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Now the best part which is to install the ROM zip file, simply select the Install Zip From SD Card -> Choose Zip From SD Card to get the AOSP ROM file you transferred to your Nexus 7's SDCard to be installed to your Nexus 7 and then repeat the process to install Gapps.
- When the entire flashing process done you need to *****Go Back***** -> Reboot System Now.
- Reboot your Nexus 7 now.
- Done and congratulations.