But remember that rooting takes your full concentration because this activity is not for careless guy. If you make a mistake then you can brick or damage your device's software. If that's so, your device will not perform as best as it used to. And again the unavoidable result for rooting your device is you will loose your warranty.
If you are ready. You can read the prerequisites below. Please.
- You must follow the entire steps below without skipping any steps.
- Remember that your smartphone must be Galaxy S4 Mini SCH-R890 (US Cellular) for following the instructions on this post.
- Remember that you will loose your device warranty.
- Remember that your device should be powered with a stock firmware not a custom ROM.
- Remember that the original USB driver from Samsung should already be installed on your PC.
- Remember that you already have USB debugging mode enabled on your device.
- Odin will be used for installing the root package therefore to temporarily disable your PC's antivirus and KIES program.
- Remember that you must firstly backup your device's data.
You need to download and then extract the files below to your computer or laptop.
- Download CF-Auto-Root Package.
- Download Odin3 v3-09 (No need to re-download if you already has Odin on your PC).
How to root Galaxy S4 Mini SCH-R890 (US Cellular).
- You must now shut down your device, then enter to Download Mode, do so by pressing these buttons at the same time; Volume Down + Home + Power (Learn to how enter download mode for Samsung Galaxy S modes).
- When you see a warning like this, release the three buttons, then press the Volume Up.
- Open Odin now by double clicking its file on your computer.
- You can connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini to PC.
- Your device will be detected by Odin and you will see; Added!!!.
- Just click the AP (For Odin3 v3.09 or newer) or click the PDA (For Odin3 v3.07) button to further find the CF-Auto-Root package file on your computer.
- Click& Start button now for Odin for starting the flash process.
- PASS notification will finally appear indicating the flashing process is successfully done.
- You need to reboot your device now.