You can follow the full flashing instructions from this post and the result you will reap is your device will be powered with the modified Android 6.0.1 Marshammlow.
Asus Zenfone 2 is indeed a great phone, comes with dual-SIM utility and powered with Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410 CPU. The phone itself was firstly announced at 2015, August and it was Android v.5.0 Lollipop pre-installed.
The technical features that Asus had planted on this 5.0" phone are mostly top-notch. So imagine what will it give to you if it's powered with not-only an Android 6.0.1 plus with additional modified features from CM13 ROM?
It will be a beast!
- Make sure you firstly make backups over your existing data.
- Make sure your device is powered with a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP (On this post I use CWM recovery).
- Be sure that your device is rooted already -- if it's not you can root Android of yours now.
- Be sure that you have a working computer and USB cable.
- Don't forget to firstly charge your device.
- Don't forget to firstly unlock your device's bootloader, because the CM13 is an AOSP based ROM.
- Perform enable USB debugging mode to transfer files from computer to Android powered device.
- Perform the whole steps without skipping any steps.
- Remember to follow all the instructions written clearly on this post but all the risks are yours to take.
Asus Zenfone 2 Laser's variants supported by this ROM.
- Zenfone 2 Laser(1080) Z00T.
- Zenfone 2 Laser(720p) Z00L.
- Zenfone 2 (1080p) Z00A.
- Zenfone 2 (720P)Z008.
- Official CM13 for Zenfone 2 Laser (Z00T).
- Official CM13 for Zenfone 2 Laser (Z00L).
- Official CM13 for Zenfone 2 (Z00A).
- Official CM13 for Zenfone 2 (Z008).
How to install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow CM13 ROM on Asus Zenfone 2 Laser (ZE500KL).
- All the zip files you have saved to computer need to be transferred now to your Asus Zenfone 2 SD Card.
- Now turn off your device to boot into the CWM recovery mode.
- When you are on that mode you can perform a Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- When you have done with that, continue your phase to select the Wipe Cache Partition. Once done, perform the following action; Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- You can now install the zip file of them ROM by simply selecting this option; Install Zip From SD Card -> Choose Zip From SD Card to further searching the ROM zip file and then install it. Repeat the installation procedure to install Gapps zip file.
- The flashing process will take place, all you can do now is waiting. When it's finish. Go to *****Go Back***** -> Reboot System Now.
- You will now see the rebooting process. Wait. This process is to load all the zip files that are recently installed.
- You can now expect a better performance to your Asus Zenfone 2 Laser because it's powered with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow based on CM13 ROM now.