Your Asus Zenfone 2 Laser (ZE500KL) phone can now be updated to the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, using the famous custom ROM, CyanogenMod. The ROM is in 13th version, to which has widen its supports to Asus Zenfone 2.
You can follow the full flashing instructions from this post and the result you will reap is your device will be powered with the modified Android 6.0.1 Marshammlow.
Asus Zenfone 2 is indeed a great phone, comes with dual-SIM utility and powered with Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410 CPU. The phone itself was firstly announced at 2015, August and it was Android v.5.0 Lollipop pre-installed.
The technical features that Asus had planted on this 5.0" phone are mostly top-notch. So imagine what will it give to you if it's powered with not-only an Android 6.0.1 plus with additional modified features from CM13 ROM?
It will be a beast!
- Make sure you firstly make backups over your existing data.
- Make sure your device is powered with a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP (On this post I use CWM recovery).
- Be sure that your device is rooted already -- if it's not you can root Android of yours now.
- Be sure that you have a working computer and USB cable.
- Don't forget to firstly charge your device.
- Don't forget to firstly unlock your device's bootloader, because the CM13 is an AOSP based ROM.
- Perform enable USB debugging mode to transfer files from computer to Android powered device.
- Perform the whole steps without skipping any steps.
- Remember to follow all the instructions written clearly on this post but all the risks are yours to take.
Asus Zenfone 2 Laser's variants supported by this ROM.
- Zenfone 2 Laser(1080) Z00T.
- Zenfone 2 Laser(720p) Z00L.
- Zenfone 2 (1080p) Z00A.
- Zenfone 2 (720P)Z008.
- Official CM13 for Zenfone 2 Laser (Z00T).
- Official CM13 for Zenfone 2 Laser (Z00L).
- Official CM13 for Zenfone 2 (Z00A).
- Official CM13 for Zenfone 2 (Z008).
How to install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow CM13 ROM on Asus Zenfone 2 Laser (ZE500KL).
- All the zip files you have saved to computer need to be transferred now to your Asus Zenfone 2 SD Card.
- Now turn off your device to boot into the CWM recovery mode.
- When you are on that mode you can perform a Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
- When you have done with that, continue your phase to select the Wipe Cache Partition. Once done, perform the following action; Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- You can now install the zip file of them ROM by simply selecting this option; Install Zip From SD Card -> Choose Zip From SD Card to further searching the ROM zip file and then install it. Repeat the installation procedure to install Gapps zip file.
- The flashing process will take place, all you can do now is waiting. When it's finish. Go to *****Go Back***** -> Reboot System Now.
- You will now see the rebooting process. Wait. This process is to load all the zip files that are recently installed.
- You can now expect a better performance to your Asus Zenfone 2 Laser because it's powered with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow based on CM13 ROM now.